Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Sails and Rigs (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Wire or Dyneema for Standing Rigging?

Just had a quote for replacing the standing rigging for my Tiki 26, Taking her across biscay in June and half thinking of changing to dynee…

Started by Barefoot Boat Bums

10 Mar 9, 2016
Reply by Barefoot Boat Bums

Crabclaw rig queries

Hey everyone, l'm putting a crab claw on my tangaroa and dont know where to place my mast exactly. The mast is 7.5 meters,as are my yard an…

Started by matt connolly

2 Feb 17, 2016
Reply by matt connolly

Rigging? Cap shrouds on a Pahi 42. Does it need'em?

Hi, I'm new to the forum but have a very specific question. The Pahi 42 I just took possession of has no cap shrouds. The two backstays go…

Started by Michael Briggs

2 Jan 23, 2016
Reply by Andy Best-Dunkley

Foresail Furler Tiki 21

My current foresail set up includes a furler drum, top swivel and steel cable sewn into the sail luff. The cord can easily tangle on the dr…

Started by Ian Bamsey

2 Jan 22, 2016
Reply by sailorjoy

Single handed with Wharram wing sail

Dear Wharram builders and sailors... I have purchased my study plans for the Tiki 38.. I was curious about the wingsail rig... Is it possi…

Started by Scott Burger

4 Jan 10, 2016
Reply by Scott Burger

Gaff dowel and gap between the fork and the mast

Bonjour, While the glue dries elswhere, I am planning to built the gaff for my T21. On the fork, there are a slider and a dowel. I understa…

Started by Éric Bouvéron

8 Nov 26, 2015
Reply by Blanc Jean-Paul

Tiki 38 masts

Looking at buying Tiki 38 Tanoa in South Africa. Lost fore mast due to step failure, thus need to replace and rebuild madt step/box. A tape…

Started by Emil Gaigher

0 Nov 20, 2015

lashing ropes

Please all of you make sure to use uv-protected ropes for lashing. I lost my mast this summer, because the lashing of a shroud broke and th…

Started by SoLong

2 Nov 5, 2015
Reply by SoLong

Asymmetric spinnaker & genoa control on larger Wharrams

Hi - I'd like to hear opinions on using an asymmetric spinnaker on a larger Wharram please. We currently use an old regular symmetric spinn…

Started by Andy Best-Dunkley

14 Oct 29, 2015
Reply by Andy Best-Dunkley

Roller reefing for small cats

I thought I'd share some experience of setting up my Hitia 17 “Lilla My” with a roller reefing jib in case it is useful to others. I have…

Started by Dan Hammond

2 Oct 14, 2015
Reply by Dan Hammond

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service