Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Sails and Rigs (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Deciding on a mast

My local marine consignment shop will sell me a 36 foot mast for under a thousand bucks- masthead rig ,forward and aft shrouds attached, ha…

Started by john james

9 Aug 24, 2016
Reply by dennis schneider

Height of sails foot above deck on Tiki 38?

How high above the deck are the bottom of the sails on the Tiki 38? How much taller could the masts the be built taller to raise the sails…

Started by Allen Bosely

0 Aug 8, 2016

Tiki 26 rigging queries

Any thoughts on the following much appreciated: How should the bottom on the jib reefing drum be attached to the bridle?  I have a gap of…

Started by Johnny Martin

3 Aug 1, 2016
Reply by Johnny Martin

Sail plan Tiki 21

Hey guys, I'm thinking of buying a new set of sail for my Tiki 21... but can't find any mesurements on the plan. Where could I find the sai…

Started by Francis Lapierre

0 Jul 30, 2016

attachment point for main sheet traveller?

I'm a couple weeks from trial mast raise...  and I cannot find a definitive location point called out in the plans for the traveller attach…

Started by curt goodnight

4 Jul 18, 2016
Reply by Brett Parker

Tell me about the Spirit Rig

As rigged on Wharrams' in particular and on beach cat size range such as the Maui, Hitia 14 & 17, Tiki 21, Hinemoa or Tiki 26. Since th…

Started by Allen Bosely

6 Jun 19, 2016
Reply by Dan Hammond

PAHI 31 Tiki rig and Tiki style Beams

Hi, I already ask this question in the small pahi group. Maybe I'll have a better chance here : I am trying to buy a Pahi 31 which is bui…

Started by Benoit

6 Jun 4, 2016
Reply by laurent

New Mainsail for Tiki 21

My next project is building a new mast made of carbon. I make it 7.50 meter long. Also the gaff will be longer. The peak is higher than the…

Started by sailorjoy

2 Apr 7, 2016
Reply by sailorjoy

Mana Rig

What do you think of Mana's rig especially regarding the following points? Windward ability Ease of tacking Pitching inducing due to main m…

Started by Aneblanc

0 Mar 30, 2016

tiki 26 continuous jib sheets

Would appreciate confirmation of the following: - diameter for jib sheet - length if rigged continuous - what spec block required - at jib…

Started by Johnny Martin

0 Mar 15, 2016

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service