Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Other Boat Systems (33)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Whip-staff for Tiki31

Hi Guys, has anybody used the whip-staff arrangement on the Tiki 31 - if so which arrangement was used. I would like to used a steering but…

Started by Pieter

4 Sep 4, 2017
Reply by Pieter

Life lines?

Hi All, Just wondering about life lines and if you use them or have installed them on your boat? I see that many Wharram's sail without t…

Started by Joshua del Mar

8 Sep 4, 2017
Reply by Forrest Nichols

Sink drains

I have a question for the huddled masses yearning to be free, or perhaps it's better addressed to those who have already built their boats…

Started by Axel

3 Aug 2, 2017
Reply by Axel

wind vane tiki 26

Hello all,I have bought the plans for the wharram wind vane,my reding of earlier posts suggests this works great,but as per usual i have so…

Started by paul anderson

7 May 22, 2017
Reply by Jordi

Windvane for Tiki 26

Does anybody have experience sailing /installing the Wharram windvane on a Tiki26? I have bought the plans and after having sailed the Tiki…

Started by patrick lennon

6 Mar 31, 2017
Reply by Brett Parker

Autopilot for Wharram cat - tiller or wheel?

I'm considering getting an electronic autopilot for our Pahi 42, as we often find ourselves doing long passages under power in the summer w…

Started by Andy Best-Dunkley

20 Dec 20, 2016
Reply by Budget Boater

Wharram Self Steering Vane Problem

I have just purchased the plans for the self steering device from Wharram and Friends. The plans call for a trim tab to be installed and  f…

Started by patrick lennon

10 Jul 21, 2016
Reply by Ricardo Aráoz

wharram firepit

I love the well area forward of the pod on my T38. Its a natural gathering area and have often thought if I was anchored off one bow the sm…

Started by Brett Parker

13 Apr 6, 2016
Reply by Budget Boater

tips for lifting heavy beams

About to take all my beams off the boat for painting and repair. They look pretty heavy. Any tips?? maybe sliding out the sides??? How many…

Started by Brett Parker

6 Nov 22, 2015
Reply by Ann and Neville Clement

Steering wheel size/diameter preference looks wise

For a Wharram that uses a Wheel, what diameter do you like looks wise? Not that it needs to be larger diameter to function better, but for…

Started by Allen Bosely

7 Jul 7, 2015
Reply by Allen Bosely

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service