Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

How do I? (77)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Transporting tiki 38

Tanoa broke loose in storm and suffered some damage, most cosmetic but also one small puncture above waterline. Thinking aboat moving her c…

Started by Emil Gaigher

1 Oct 11, 2016
Reply by Budget Boater

looking for a way to improve upwind sailing.

Hi, I am in the process of restoring a wharram tiki 30, and think it should perform better than it does now. What kind of angle is normal f…

Started by Bart Koop

27 Oct 6, 2016
Reply by Roger

Misaligned chainplates

Hi, the builder of my newly-purchased Tiki 30 made a mistake, in spite of his experience (everybody makes mistakes) and the chainplates ar…

Started by Jordi

10 Sep 28, 2016
Reply by Jordi

Shroud position??

Hello forum, Can anyone elucidate on where the standing rigging attaches to the hulls(l mean the distance along the hull edge), as far as t…

Started by matt connolly

4 Jul 14, 2016
Reply by matt connolly

Second Hand Plan Purchase

Can anybody tell me if a Building Plan from 2002, is exactly the same as if I buy a new one from Wharram now? did they do some up date at t…

Started by Aline Recchia

5 Jun 25, 2016
Reply by Omar M. Rashash

THAILAND AND DOCUMENTS

Hi, my first post here: I want to build a Amatasi, and looking for informations on how to obtain documents from the Thai authorities when t…

Started by Gianni

1 Jun 8, 2016
Reply by Maxim Jurgens

Re lashing rudders...

I recently bought a Tiki 26 (plan #294). She needs a small amount of work to get her up and running.  The rudders have been removed by cutt…

Started by Frank Higgott

13 Jun 2, 2016
Reply by Frank Higgott

Antifouling quantity for tiki 26.

Could somebody please tell me how much antifouling is needed for one coat on a tiki 26, Thanks!

Started by Frank Higgott

5 May 31, 2016
Reply by Frank Higgott

What is the first knot to tie when joing the beams to hull

I used a bowline at the end of the line pass the end through the loop and pull tight in the opposite direction . I am concerned that the li…

Started by patrick lennon

3 May 6, 2016
Reply by patrick lennon

Launch a Tehini?

I am hoping to launch in the summer, but the boat is too big for the boatyards cradle. The preferred method is to reverse a low loader unde…

Started by Robin Oakley

7 Apr 29, 2016
Reply by Rogerio Martin

RSS

© 2017   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service