Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Building Techniques and Solutions (329)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Just epoxy it......

A long road of trial and error has forced me to build 2 proas and now the third.......As weird as it seems, shunting is just so cool......…

Started by rael dobkins

0 May 26, 2018

Acrylic windows are cracking

Lots of hairline cracks appearing around the bolt holes in my acrylic the holes are drilled oversize and the acrylic his bedded in 3M 4000…

Started by john james

11 Apr 29, 2018
Reply by boatsmith

Sailing Conclusions, Proa Why Not?....

Hi all, well was a good week sailing in Greece, Very late in the season and a bit chilly, but someones gotta do it....... Finally I know…

Started by rael dobkins

5 Apr 9, 2018
Reply by rael dobkins

E-book by Russ Brown

Ahoy,      Russ Brown of PT Watercraft has his e-book on painting technique on sale for $1.50, a pdf download at: http://www.ptwatercraft.c

Started by andy solywoda

0 Apr 9, 2018

Window's thickness

Hello everybody, I'm going to change my tiki26's windows. Plexiglass is now 4 mm thick. Do you think it is enough? How thick does Wharram s…

Started by adriano meis

2 Apr 3, 2018
Reply by Brad Ingram

Keel protection

I'm in the process of refitting and repairing some minor damage from skipping over a submerged rock and want to add something better than t…

Started by Frank Olsen

51 Mar 27, 2018
Reply by Emil Gaigher

Limber Holes

Hi All, Little Cat (Tiki 21) has no limber holes in her bulkheads, and the plans do not mention them. Any thoughts on whether or not to dri…

Started by Roger

4 Mar 20, 2018
Reply by Roger

Melanesia Beams

Hello, I would like to laminate up some new beams for my Melanesia.  What is the best wood to use for strength and weight in the UK?  Plus…

Started by Mark Stevens

2 Mar 12, 2018
Reply by Mark Stevens

Up and down movement of the rudders

The Tiki rudders are supposed to be hinged with 4 millimeter polyester string. Have you been able to tie the string in the figure-of-eight…

Started by Olli Väänänen

11 Feb 21, 2018
Reply by Ian R

A user friendly proa rig.

Hi all, well it's time to start all over. Lets just turn it all upside down and go from there..... The "LaSHUNK" may be what we were after.…

Started by rael dobkins

0 Feb 18, 2018

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service