Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Sails and Rigs (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What configuration for maximum speed performance?

Hi I'm JL, I'm new to the site. It's an honor to have the chance write on this forum. :-) I'm about to build a Wharram. What type and confi…

Started by Jean Luc Massicci

25 Oct 10, 2015
Reply by Blanc Jean-Paul

Narai Mk IV Schooner Wingsail

Does anyone have pics or drawings of a Narai Mk IV with Schooner Wingsail Rig that would be kind enough to post them here or give link to s…

Started by Allen Bosely

15 Oct 6, 2015
Reply by Allen Bosely

Glassing a wooden mast

Should I glass the wooden masts I am making for my Tiki 31? Glassing would make the mast stronger, but does glass add to chafe when using t…

Started by Olli Väänänen

1 Sep 28, 2015
Reply by Allen Bosely

Tiki 38 rigging

Hi All, We are gearing up for some sailing this summer and will be hauling out in the next 8 weeks. At the moment the rigging is 7x7 Galv…

Started by Tristram Cheer

12 Sep 10, 2015
Reply by Éric Bouvéron

Narai Mk IV Cruising Speeds?

Obviously it depends on the wind speed. But what speeds does a Narai Mk IV tend to get. In general I mean. She wil be Schooner rigged with…

Started by Allen Bosely

0 Jul 7, 2015

Sail Cover for Wingsail

I'd like to make a cover for the main sail on my Tiki 21. Can anyone suggest or point me toward a sail cover design for a wingsail with gaf…

Started by Ian Bamsey

5 Jun 16, 2015
Reply by Ian Bamsey

Wingsail Rigs- A nightmare in the Rain?

As you guys can see by the latest photos the masts are almost complete. I just had a visit to the yard from a guy that knows a lot about ev…

Started by Geminidawn

35 Jun 15, 2015
Reply by Norm van't Hoff

USA source for aluminum mast ?

I am looking for source for a mast for my TIKI 30   Wharram's site specs:  5.5 " OD w/ .125"- .156" wall thickness.  I've spent many evenin…

Started by curt goodnight

12 Jun 2, 2015
Reply by curt goodnight

tiki 26 stays length

hello, I'm bulding our new stays with pulley as in the pictures. I've cut my old stays but forgotten to measure the old ones, so now I do n…

Started by adriano meis

3 May 22, 2015
Reply by adriano meis

Use Tiki Wingsail with tapered mast?

Will the Tiki Wingsail work on a tapered mast? I didn't know how tight the Gaff is fitted to the mast. On a Tiki 30 size mast, 5.5" at foot…

Started by Allen Bosely

1 May 4, 2015
Reply by Rogerio Martin

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service