Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Building Techniques and Solutions (327)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

tiki 26 cockpit attachment

Hi - have been rebuilding my tiki 26 grp beams and now looking at how grp cockpit should locate.  It appears in my case the cockpit locatio…

Started by Johnny Martin

6 Aug 29, 2014
Reply by Johnny Martin

Beam protection

Hi all I removed the mast beam today, untying the lashings and noticed the top of the beams had been crushed slightly by the rope lashings.…

Started by paul anderson

28 Aug 22, 2014
Reply by Robert Hughes

LINING UP THE HULLS

look OK ...YES yes I see the whole thing- thumbtack in the centerline of the deck beam number one then another in Center of deck beam  num…

Started by john james

0 Aug 4, 2014

distance between the bow centerlines of a Tiki 26

Hello all,  my name is Jimmy and I am the new owner of a Tiki 26 that was left here on lake Bacalar.  The crossbeams were so rotten they fe…

Started by jimmy clarizio

3 Aug 2, 2014
Reply by jimmy clarizio

Engineered beams?

Anybody out there got any ideas about using pre made wooden beams for cross beams? I have a tangaroa mk4 here in Australia and have laminat…

Started by matt connolly

4 Aug 1, 2014
Reply by matt connolly

distance between the bow centerlines of a Tiki 26

Hello all,  my name is Jimmy and I am the new owner of a Tiki 26 that was left here on lake Bacalar.  The crossbeams were so rotten they fe…

Started by jimmy clarizio

0 Jul 31, 2014

Rubber under the beams. Good idea or not needed.

I'm at the stage of lining up the hulls and would like opinions on whether a rubber cushion under the beams where they sit on the gunwhales…

Started by Mike Haromy

11 Jul 15, 2014
Reply by Mike Haromy

Suppression des puits de dérives sur Pahi 31

Quelqu'un un fils t-il Supprimé les puits de dérives sur Pahi 31. Y a t-il non Problème Structurel?

Started by bouvier

0 May 10, 2014

Construction Using Stainless Steel Brad Nails

This is a technique I intend to perfect for the construction of our Narai MKIV, and is currently being employed in a limited fashion on the…

Started by Budget Boater

21 Apr 12, 2014
Reply by andy solywoda

Strip planked Classic?

I am boatless at this point in time and even though I swore never to build again, the idea of a strip planked Tehini kind of turns me on ;-…

Started by Penn D

14 Apr 8, 2014
Reply by Chip Rothenberger

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service