Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Building Techniques and Solutions (327)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tiki 30 beam blocks- distance from cabin to accommodate straps?

Using strap down method- anyone have experience on how close the deck blocks can be to cabin walls and still leave room to fish the straps…

Started by curt goodnight

0 Jan 14, 2015

Bulkhead 3 and 6

I was wondering if anyone can help me understand how the plyjoints on bulkhead 3 and 6 are secured togeather as they are too big to be cut…

Started by James Ryan davenport

11 Dec 12, 2014
Reply by James Ryan davenport

Rudder swing/ flex

So on my Tangaroa MKIV at anchor I've noticed that I get a lot of rudder movement swinging back and forth. To the extent that it began to w…

Started by Brandon Gamble

3 Dec 7, 2014
Reply by Brandon Gamble

How many lashings and what line and size?

Hi All, I need to know the number of lashings and what type of line and what size of line to use. I am refitting my friends' 43' Narai "Win…

Started by Jim Jimbo Beyer

13 Dec 2, 2014
Reply by Don Brazier

classic beam lashing

Is there any fine people out there that have done the conversion from brackets to lashings on a classic? I have the plan sheet and it's a l…

Started by matt connolly

5 Nov 30, 2014
Reply by matt connolly

Bimmi for tiki 26

Would this style of bimmi be possible on a Tiki 26? Planning to build a tiki26 or 30 for trip from gulf of Thailand to Australia.

Started by patrick lennon

11 Nov 27, 2014
Reply by patrick lennon

Lashings without bolts?

Anybody got thoughts or theorys on lashing a tangaroa without the through bolts,just using rope?

Started by matt connolly

9 Nov 25, 2014
Reply by Don Brazier

Another question about hatches (this time for Hitias)

I do not really like the proposed soft hatch covers according to the plans. And all Hitia 17 pictures I saw seem to have solid ones. Would…

Started by Martin

7 Nov 16, 2014
Reply by Fernando Galindez

best decision we ever made while building Peace IV

When we built Peace IV, we were on a strict budget because we were already retired and a Tiki 46 is a really big project.  But early on we…

Started by Ann and Neville Clement

11 Sep 24, 2014
Reply by wakataitea

What about a CLC Kit?

So I was thinking about this, I think it would solve several major problems: 1)  A CLC kit would eliminate the problems associated with ra…

Started by Tam Dl

3 Sep 8, 2014
Reply by Tam Dl

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service