Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Building Techniques and Solutions (327)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Not enough space for the blocks

After my first assembly, it looks like it is not enough space between the beam and deck for the 20 mm socket. Would it be ok to just sand…

Started by Terje Sundboe

9 Jun 19, 2013
Reply by Rogerio Martin

Single coat interior paint?

I am thinking about painting over the epoxy-coated interior of Little Cat. I would rather not have to do multiple coats of the usual to get…

Started by Roger

7 Jun 7, 2013
Reply by Ann and Neville Clement

Cockpit considerations.

I am in two minds about my cockpit for my tiki 26. I find the thing is very heavy. Although I have added more drainage holes, i worry about…

Started by paul anderson

21 Jun 6, 2013
Reply by paul anderson

Is 5200 Marine sealant good for plywood?

I'm installing some through deck fittings for vhf cables. Is 3M 5200 adequate for sealing the hole and screws in the plywood, or should it…

Started by Roger

5 May 29, 2013
Reply by boatsmith

Tiki 21 Crossbeam Fillets

Have been working on building the crossbeams for my Tiki 21 and have started making fillets.  The radius on the plans seems large - will re…

Started by Scott Overdorf

9 May 23, 2013
Reply by LastParadise

Has anyone out there completed building a Narai mk IV?

My wife and I are in the planning stages of a build that should be starting in the spring.  We have spent a year researching which Wharram…

Started by Robert Lusignan

27 May 20, 2013
Reply by Robert Lusignan

Tiki 38 Owners: Reinforce your Formast Tabernackle/Mast Case

Thanks to the Gleda Project http://thegledaproject.com/2013/05/10/important-calling-all-tiki-38-builders-owners/

Started by Budget Boater

2 May 16, 2013
Reply by Dave Vinnicombe

Tiki 38: how big can be hole in bulkheads?

i want to enlarge the opening in the bulkheads between the fore cabins and the main cabines in my Tiki 38, in order to alow an adult to pas…

Started by luis

8 May 7, 2013
Reply by alex

How to open the jars on the gaff without breaking them?

Hi there! I started building my gaff today. For me it seems quite challenging to open the jars to the mast's width without breaking them. T…

Started by Martin

12 May 6, 2013
Reply by Rogerio Martin

Hatches which are real wathertight

Tikis (and others) in rough seas and when beating upwind take a lot of water over the front-hatches. Does anyone have a method to build-/ma…

Started by WaveDancer & Bella

32 Apr 19, 2013
Reply by Glenn Tieman

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service