A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts
the tiki 46 "wakataitea"
this is the beauty full Tiki46 "wakataitea" . the boat was lauched in January 2009 and built by my wife and me, after the original building plans Nr36.
since we built and launched the boat in New Zealand, we sailed so far 30000Nm with it.
my wife and me had rebuilt other boats before and work and live the sailors life since 20 years and more.
our professional back ground is canvas maker (my wife) and German master cabinet marker (me).
the boat is build with only the best materials, epoxy (west system) and equiped with all you need to sail and live on board.
wakataitea is our home since the beginning. we live constantly on this Tiki 46 and keep it in top condition at all time.
wakataitea is a well proved sailing vessel and it's construction and sailing rig handled in the past the pacific ocean, a Indian ocean crossing, passing "cap of good hope " and a Atlantic crossing with out any problems.
for details information, pictures or movies about our building, sailing and adventures please Google for "wakataitea" or visit our web : www.wharramsailing.com
- Tiki 46 james wharram design Nr36 (sailing under German flag)
- materials (gaboon 1088 marine ply /west system epoxy)
- mast, beams and all other solid wood is yellow cedar for Canada.
- main engine: Kobota (Beta marine) diesel, 27HP, center engine
- Rig: Crab Claw sail (main sail) 45 qm and heat sail 15 qm (both from 2014). one asymetric spi 50qm (from 2014), one storm jip, one second heat sail, one 25qm drifter sail, one storm sail
- ply wood sailing / motor dingy with rig and 2hp Yamaha engine
- 4 anchors, 50m 10mm chain plus 200m 25mm rope.
- electric anchor winch
- powerful electric auto pilot plus 2 spare electric auto pilot systems and one wind steering system
- 450 watt solar system with 480amp/hour battery bank
- 1000 watt Honda generator, 300 watt and 700watt inverter systems for 2240 volt system on board
- 2 bicycles
- 2 full set of scuba dive equipment with 3 big and one small tank
- Gas oven and stove
- 12 volt Weaco fridge (60L)
- Diesel heating system ( only in STBD hull) and LPG heating System (not installed)
- two GPS, deep sounder, compass, VHF
- SSB radio Transceiver system
- many many many spare parts on board. this includes motor parts, deep sounder, 200m 10mm rope, SS steel fittings, all the tools to build a boat like this etc.
i will stop here.... the list could go on and on...
Latest Activity: Jun 8, 2015
This group does not have any discussions yet.