A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts
Hello Fellow Wharram Folks.
I would like to let you know that I have the plans for a Tiki 30 No 122. I purchased them from "Wharram" some years ago, 2001 I think, while I was working in the Middle East. I did start to build but with my propensity to change jobs and moving around a lot, I didnt get far in the construction. It is with great regret that I have now decided that I should sell the said project and put the money towards buying a completed Wharram boat before I get too old to enjoy the sailing part of having a Wharram. The project consists of the plans for the Tiki 30, with the plans for the Deck Pod, if I remember corectly, there may be some minor pencil marks or scribblings on the plans. I also purchased a set of sails for the boat from Jeckells, they are in dry storage at the moment and cost me around £1700 at the time. I think the plans cost me around £500 with the Deck Pod a bit extra. I do have the reciepts but will need to hunt them out to confirm this. As mentioned earlier, I have started construction but didnt get too far, therfore, I have some materials and assemblies to go with the lot. If anyone out there in "Wharram World" would like to carry on this project, please contact me through this site to discuss any possabilities.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Hello Richard. Thanks you for your inquiry. Yes, I do still have the plans and all as described in my post. As I said, I move around a lot and I am now back in the middle east. So, I'm sure that if we were to come to some agreement you will understand that things may take a bit time to sort out as the project in in Scotland. I realise this may put you off, I will not be offended if you should change your mind.
Thanks again for your inquiry.
Sorry for the rather lengthy delay in replying to your last message. I would at least like to sell the sails with the plans as they would be of no use to me once the plans have gone. Originally the sails cost 1700 GBP and the plans were 500 GBP, therefore, I would like to get 1000 GBP for both.
Hello Alan. If your plans and project are still available, can you send me more details please.
Thank you. Richard
Hello Richard. Thanks for your inquiry. I'm not sure that there is much more that I can add to what is already in the trail of messages other than the location of the project and roughly what materials are present. Please bear with me if it seems like a bit of a ramble.
The project is located in Scotland, approximately 45 miles south of Edinburgh near a small town called Selkirk. It is all stored at my fathers place, the sails and plans are inside his house so are well protected. The timber and ply materials are stored in his garage. I have started on the bulkheads, keels, stem & stern posts, rudders and cross beams. As I said in my original message, I have not got very far with the build. Bulkheads, rudders, stem & stern posts and keels have been laminated but will need more work to finish. Cross beams component parts (ply) have been cut.
As I said to Mr Mactaggart in an earlier message, I would like to recoup some of the cost as far as the sails and plans are concerned but all the rest can be taken away. Also as it is some time since I have actually looked at the timber parts I cannot give a very accurate assessment on their condition.
I now work back in the Middle East and will be in Scotland on holiday in September if this is of any use.
Again, thanks for your inquiry.
Hello again Al
Would the wooden parts go on a trailer or have you begun to join them into solid sections? I live much further south (Norfolk) so would need to come and collect - a considerable distance! It might be more prudent to buy just the sails and plans and get your father to post them.
Would you take £800 for it?
Most of the parts will fit into a trailer, the only parts which might cause problems is the keels as they are somewhere around 15ft long. My dad is in his eighties so I don't want to ask him to sort this out for me. If you could wait until I am home in September I could arrange what ever is to be arranged. If you are happy to collect or pay the delivery costs then I will accept the £800 offered.
Thats great. Perhaps you can email me on email@example.com when you get back to the UK to arrange further.