Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Building Techniques and Solutions (327)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A note on Plywood

Most of this most of you know already. I've just copied and pasted this from the notes I prepare for my students. It may help someone here.…

Started by Geminidawn

14 Nov 7, 2013
Reply by Peter Brook

Pod/cockpit tiki 38

Hi Guys I want to redesign the pod/cockpit from my tiki 38 in a radical way to fit all the needs i have in mind. i have been reading in th…

Started by alex

17 Oct 15, 2013
Reply by alex

Lightning-Are you Protected?

Its typhoon season here, almost every day for the past two months I have seen lightning, for that reason I’m seriously thinking about getti…

Started by Geminidawn

24 Oct 9, 2013
Reply by Raf

hulls,what paint?

hello all,i am at it again looking to see what alternatives there are to the super expensive marine paints.i know kim has used moores porch…

Started by paul anderson

6 Sep 27, 2013
Reply by marc

Rudder lashings on Tiki 46 and general impressions.

I asked Ann and Nev about the rudders on their Tiki 46..  They built them from Gaboon ply which is reasonably lightweight and I wondered wh…

Started by Don Brazier

0 Aug 8, 2013

Dolphin striker

I am in the process of rigging my Tiki 21 for the first time. I can not figure from the plans how the dolphin striker should be attatched.…

Started by Terje Sundboe

14 Jul 16, 2013
Reply by Rogerio Martin

cross beam problem..

Ive just bought a tangaroa mk4 in need of a refit. All the steel on her is rusted out, including the cross beam brackets. Can any body shar…

Started by matt connolly

16 Jul 11, 2013
Reply by Raf

Engine to high

As you can see on the pictures, my engine is too high. I have a 5 hp Yamaha with long shaft. The center section are designed according to p…

Started by Terje Sundboe

7 Jul 10, 2013
Reply by Éric Bouvéron

Rudders on the Tangaroa

My rudders will need some attention so I plan to take them off give a good sanding and closer inspection.  Reinforce with glass where neede…

Started by Herb Moore

6 Jul 2, 2013
Reply by Galway Bay

Hatch for foul weather

G,day all. I have been considering making  a smaller hatch to be situated over the main sliding hatch. This will allow me to stick my head…

Started by paul anderson

6 Jun 21, 2013
Reply by laurent

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service