Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Hi, I am very interest in the tiki 38 or 46. I like what boatsmith did with the Ariki deck. Would it be possible to remove the deck pod and have a large roof like this? Is is practical on a tiki? What problems do you see?

Also, I would like to raise to cabin roofs about 6 inches by building storage on top. Would this idea work?

Would these ideas get in the way of handling during sail or docking?

Views: 1782

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure what your considering storing on the cabin tops but having too much weight that high could adversely affect the balance of the boat. Marty's suggestion of raising the roof and floors and using the storage created low down in the hulls would perhaps be an option worth exploring because keeps all the weight down low in the hull. Good luck

Brett Parker said:

Hi There

Just wondering the reason for wanting to remove the pod?

I have a t 38 and find the pod to be fantastic. Gets you out of the wind, keeps you dry, and its a great sheltered space to talk.

My pod has clears all round and this is a real asset. Interested to hear your reasons for change .

regards Brett

Hi Brett,

I'm new here (July, 2017)  I have Study Plans for the Tiki 38, can't get enough of it.

I plan to build in the future, but for now I'm enjoying burning some time - contemplating, preparing, planning for the eventual build.  Question;  Do you have a website for your boat / build?

Thanks.     :  )

Hi Marty,

I'm fascinated with this Wharram build project (the Tiki 38 - in my mind).

Do you have a website for your boat / boat build?

Have you tried acatnameddog.com

Andy Nemier said:

Hi Marty,

I'm fascinated with this Wharram build project (the Tiki 38 - in my mind).

Do you have a website for your boat / boat build?

YES!!  I have the site open on my macbook right now!

I will start right at the first blog post - and run thru to the bitter end.  I've seen some random 'DOG' videos in the past on You-Tube.  But that was before the bug bit me.  Oh dear.

For what it's worth, I really appreciate you guys participating on this website, I'm learning all the time and often find myself chuckling.  Cheers.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service