Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Peace IV Tiki 46 IS NOT FOR SALE THIS YEAR AFTER ALL!!!

Nev and I had thought his balance and agility problems were such that he might have to stop sailing this year, but in recent weeks, this problem has mostly resolved itself.  It turns out some folks take as much as two years to recover from total knee replacement due to the stress on nerve endings and circulation, and I guess Nev has just been slow to recover. 

We inherited a house in Rhode Island last year which we have cleared, packed into boxes, and are now mostly finished painting inside because we have decided to sell.  So in the process of clearing the basement and going up and down stairs with heavy loads, his strength has improved, his balance has improved, circulation improved, and his feet have stopped being so numb.  I guess it is true that hard work is just good for you!  In any case, we are willing to sail gently and conservatively for another year in our wonderful Wharram. 

We will be looking to buy a house in Oriental, North Carolina in the near future after the house in Providence, Rhode Island sells.

PEACE IV IS NOT FOR SALE AFTER ALL!!!  YIPPIE!!!!

Views: 867

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ann & Nev 

We are very happy to know Nev recovers a good mobility and you keep Peace4 for we hope a very long time.

Next week we'll be in Colon to engage the procedure to pass the Panama canal.

The San Blas is a wonderful place to visit with its very welcoming Kunas people..

Love from Bertrand and Marie-Helene

Hi Bertran and Marie Helen,   Your dream sailing from when you first started to build the boat is now come true.  The San Blas islands were one of your special goals.  Now Grand PHA is easier to sail and together you will be entering the Pacific Ocean.  Wonderful!  Congratulations!    Love, Ann and Nev

Bertrand FERCOT said:

Hi Ann & Nev 

We are very happy to know Nev recovers a good mobility and you keep Peace4 for we hope a very long time.

Next week we'll be in Colon to engage the procedure to pass the Panama canal.

The San Blas is a wonderful place to visit with its very welcoming Kunas people..

Love from Bertrand and Marie-Helene

Ann and Nev,

Just read the great news, congratulations!!

It must have been a wonderful revelation, not just to be able to continue to enjoy Peace IV but regaining a once thought to be lost physical condition, mobility.

Happy days!
Shaun

Ann and Neville Clement said:

Linus Pauling was a personal friend of my childhood family so I have heard all about the vitamin C business since I was a little girl.  It is amazing stuff but taste is a problem.  I think every person at Caltech back long ago was taking the vitamin C Pauling treatment.  Thanks for reminding me of some good memories.  Ann

laurent said:

good news !

i released my back , neck, anckles, fingers pain, by taking ascorbic acid ( synthetic c vitamin) in cure :  half small spoon ( 120mg) 6x day in water during on week . the blood is saturated , acts like a shower in artery . i bought it 12€ /kg in grocery for wine preparation ...

dear Ann and Neville! Hi! Re: Linus Pauling - brings back memories; I went to his house in Pasadena in 1961 to get leaflets to distribute against atomic bomb proliferation. He was very encouraging.

If you ever are in the vicinity of Naples, Fl, let me know.  Dennis Schneider

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service