Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Mast down for maintenance, no problem, kite sailing at 5.5 knots with 12m kite in 10 - 15 knots of wind!

Views: 1062

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow!  Is there any type of rig that hasn't been tried on a Wharram???

How did you hook it up?  I suppose along the center line of the boat.  I wonder what the affect of hooking 2 kites up, one at each bow.

Cosby

I rigged 2 bridles from the bow cleats and cleats I have behind the mast beam so they met in the middle of trampoline in a X so the kite bar could be hooked to the centre.  My friend rigged the kite on the beach and body dragged to the boat.  There was not enough wind to jump on board so he passed the kite across to a friend who connected it to the briddles and flew it high so it was not pulling the boat along.  I helped lift my friend from the water, he then took the kite and sat against the cabin and powered up the kite as if kite surfing.  He had to work the kite as there was not enough wind to leave it fixed.  I do not think it would be possible to fly 2 kites as the lines could tangle and it would just be too complicated!

Cosby said:

How did you hook it up?  I suppose along the center line of the boat.  I wonder what the affect of hooking 2 kites up, one at each bow.

Cosby

Anyone had experience with flying other parachutes?  or even flying a large spinnaker forward and a smaller one further back? You   could fly a parachute then a spinnaker as well and hang on! its so easy on the self steering flying just the spinnaker or ass. spinnaker.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service