Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

The Boats (124)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

windward ability

Hi I am looking into the Tiki 30 and am keen to know how it performs to windward as measured by say the degrees covered in a tack and if th…

Started by Justin Haines

5 Jul 24, 2011
Reply by kim whitmyre

the new movie " Lapita" beautiful german movie

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/beitrag/video/1126550/Wagnis-in-der-Suedsee?setTime=57#/beitrag/video/1126550/Wagnis-in-der-Suedsee Hannike…

Started by Marie-Hélène

15 Jul 22, 2011
Reply by Marie-Hélène

Anyone know which kind of Wharram this is?

I'm asking about the big cat to the right. Thanks =0)  

Started by Brandon Gamble

11 Jul 19, 2011
Reply by Ann and Neville Clement

rot! damn rot! Beam damn rot!

got the beams uncovered from their cellophane (hep me lord!) from the guy i got the tiki 21 from. As expected, one beam of the 3 rotted awa…

Started by clif high

2 Jun 29, 2011
Reply by clif high

Weigh of Tiki 30 hulls

Somebody knows how weigth of one T30 hull ?   I start my build today !!!!!!!!! :)   Maritime Pine Naval Plywood and red cedar...so beatiful…

Started by Rogerio Martin

0 May 11, 2011

Hours

Having acquired a crew pretty much as with all  crews (offers of pie and brew and loot), i now sit contemplating my ass in a sling as i am…

Started by clif high

5 May 4, 2011
Reply by Mary Wilson

tanenui goes upwind

Hi, I have built a Tiki 21 and now I`m interessting to build a tanenui. I think the Tanenui is easier to cross upwind between the small cha…

Started by Bernhard Przibil

0 Mar 24, 2011

Hull width

Hi all.   can anyone tell me please, how wide an individual hull is for a Tiki 26?  I am remodelling my garden shed to accomodate a Tiki 26…

Started by Roger Smith

5 Mar 16, 2011
Reply by Andrés

how to choose a particular model?

Hi everyone, this is my first topic, although I've been following along for some time and just recently bought a set of tiki 21 plans off o…

Started by Jonathan Chouinard

7 Jan 11, 2011
Reply by Mark Hobbs

Deck design and Classic boats

When built to plans, generally the classic designs have flat decks.  Does this cause them to be prone to rot, in practice? Would it be diff…

Started by Joe Swetish

1 Jan 9, 2011
Reply by Mark Hobbs

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service