Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Sails and Rigs (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tiki 38 headsail

Been wondering whether it is better to have the tack of the sail down as low as poss or as high as poss. I think it is better to keep it lo…

Started by Brett Parker

5 Mar 21, 2017
Reply by dave tomlinson

Lenticular sails

Hi guys,  I take it by the lack of response to my last post you lot also think I'm a crank. I've been researching building my own boat and…

Started by sirfbus1964

14 Feb 26, 2017
Reply by agur paesüld

Jib & Spinnaker Sheeting

I've never been totally happy with the jib sheeting on my Tiki 21. It's currently on a 2:1 which runs through a block on a lanyard much as…

Started by Ian Bamsey

32 Feb 14, 2017
Reply by Ian Bamsey

What type of rig for my Pahi 42?

Hi To All Wharram Cat Owners, I am now nearing completion of my Captain Cook Pahi 42 here in the Southern Cape of South Africa. I need to m…

Started by Graham Anley

14 Jan 17, 2017
Reply by Graham Anley

Rudimentary Gin pole mast lifting.

I enlisted the help of a couple of lads and a liveaboard to help me lift my mast on Saturday.A combination of strong winds and fecklessness…

Started by paul anderson

7 Dec 27, 2016
Reply by paul anderson

Gaff noise - any solutions?

Hi All, My first post here and good to be on board. On the Tiki 38 Luckyfish we had the standard leather protection on the inside of the ga…

Started by Stewart Coates

6 Dec 20, 2016
Reply by Brett Parker

Shroud placement

I'm preparing to install the chain plates for my tiki 30 there are two shrouds -- they're 18 inches apart and both make on to the mast at p…

Started by john james

3 Nov 13, 2016
Reply by Budget Boater

Deadeyes for dyneema rig tension?

Bonjour, Did some of you tried to use deadeyes to tension Dyneema shrouds on a Tiki 21 ? I tried to make some out of plywood, three layers…

Started by Éric Bouvéron

16 Oct 11, 2016
Reply by Éric Bouvéron

7X7 for standing rigging?

I'd like to redo all of my standing rigging. The plans say to use 6X7, but this seems unavailable in the US. I have found 3/16 7X7 in 316 s…

Started by Roger

9 Oct 5, 2016
Reply by Rogerio Martin

Tangaroa Wingsail Schooner & Sloop pros & cons?

On a Tangaroa Mk 4 with the Wingsail, what are the pros and cons or advantages and disadvantages of the Schooner and Sloop rigs? Maybe the…

Started by Allen Bosely

6 Aug 26, 2016
Reply by Rogerio Martin

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service