Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

How do I? (98)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

lifting rudders

Hi  I am having to replace my rudders due to beaching damage.  I would like to make them from composite materials to keep them light and al…

Started by David King

4 Sep 22, 2014
Reply by David King

Good solutions for netting lashings?

I would like to hear how others solve the problem of fixing their netting securely, tight, but in a way that it is possible to get the whol…

Started by Andy Best-Dunkley

5 May 20, 2014
Reply by Robert Sheridan

Advise needed in regard to the Building Instruction Booklet Tiki 21

Hi, in the material list James writes for example one has to buy 7 timbers in triangular shape for deckstringers which are each 86 feet lo…

Started by Alexander Schindler

5 Feb 21, 2014
Reply by Pius Bielowski

TIKI 26 - ROTTEN TILLER. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IN THIS CASE?

Hi everyone, my Tiki 26 has a cracked, rotten tiller.  I've reinforced it temporarily, to get me home (see photos).   I guess water got in…

Started by Chris Boxer

14 Feb 19, 2014
Reply by Chris Boxer

Discovered wet wood

Hi all, I found a small crack in the paint on the top side my Tiki 21. I thought it was time for a coat of paint anyway so I started to san…

Started by Kristian Paulsson

6 Feb 19, 2014
Reply by Kristian Paulsson

Rudder lashing issues

Hi Wharramers I have recently purchased a Simpson Woodwind 9.1 catamaran. The last owner/builder used a few Wharram ideas in the build. It…

Started by Thomas Nance

29 Jan 4, 2014
Reply by boatsmith

EU certification/BSS UK

I am shipping my boat (Tiki 31)  within the next couple of months to the UK from C.I. to put her together and launch her, probably in the T…

Started by Ian

10 Dec 23, 2013
Reply by Ian

Tiki 26 winching on trailer

Hi all - I am modifying my trailer (lowering the bed) so I can winch my tiki up a ramp with rollers when the hulls are lashed together - an…

Started by Johnny Martin

2 Dec 16, 2013
Reply by Johnny Martin

Tiki 21 Tent

Can anyone provide a picture or drawings/plans for a Tiki 21 tent? (Wharram design) Thanks in advance

Started by Ian Bamsey

5 Dec 13, 2013
Reply by Ian Bamsey

Mast Removal

"I'm going to pull my Tiki 21 out tomorrow AM for the first time. Any advice on lowering the mast (2 adults)?"

Started by Ian Bamsey

2 Nov 3, 2013
Reply by Ian Bamsey

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service