Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Building Techniques and Solutions (329)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Melanesia plans question

Hi All, I'm wondering if anyone can clarify: Should the bow end of the bottom panels have a radius in the indicated area, or be cut to an a…

Started by Nathan Stanley

3 Feb 5, 2018
Reply by Nathan Stanley

Tiki 38 Forward-leaning windshield

I´m sorry guys if this is ridiculous, but i would like to know your oppinion about this forward-leaning windshield, its advantages and if t…

Started by Giovani Frisene

1 Oct 29, 2017
Reply by Axel

Tiki 38 aluminum tiller bar

Is there anyone with some ideas or images of an aluminum tiller bar for the Tiki 38. What should be the diameter and the wall? And the conn…

8 Oct 29, 2017
Reply by Brett Parker

Is it recommended to coat whole sheets of plywood with epoxy before any cutting?

More specific, should I first coat with epoxy the 18mm sheets that I am using for the backbone parts? I have read this recommendation on Ne…

Started by Building Wharrams

12 Oct 23, 2017
Reply by Stewart Coates

Tiki 21beam repair

I bought a tiki 21 this summer. Its generally in good condition. I did notice that the beams needed some new paint, but when I got them int…

Started by Rune M. Christensen

5 Oct 22, 2017
Reply by Brad Ingram

Deckpod Modification Tiki 38

Hi guys, this is Giovani from Brazil, I am currently about to finish building a Tiki 38. I intent to live aboard.Here in Brazil we have bas…

16 Oct 12, 2017
Reply by Budget Boater

Tiki 26 - Hull allignment issue

Hi, I'm restoring Tiki #355 from a pretty desperate state into a thing of elegance and beauty - hopefully. When I got the boat, I didn't n…

Started by Shoestring

12 Sep 30, 2017
Reply by patrick lennon

Sanders recommendation needed for Tiki 38

I am going to buy sanders from the Festool brand and I would like some advice on which type of sanders of their range are most suitable for…

Started by Building Wharrams

5 Sep 20, 2017
Reply by Chuck Valley

rubber to beam blocks - what kind of glue?

Hi folks, My Tiki Itatae building process is nearing (hopefully happy) ending and now the question is what kind of glue/adhesive would be…

Started by agur paesüld

12 Sep 9, 2017
Reply by Omar M. Rashash

Ultra lightweight deck+nonskid, DIY...

Hi all, finally decking and getting ready for sea trials.....Cant wait! So, the final assembly of his new lightweight deck......And NON SKI…

Started by rael dobkins

0 Sep 8, 2017

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service