Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Building Techniques and Solutions (325)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

glass over fillet

i have just thrown the keel for the second hull on my t26.remembering the awkward sanding required to lay the 6 inch tape down on the first…

Started by paul anderson

11 Jul 27, 2011
Reply by Lee Dilkes

tips on finish levels

hi all,i have been a bit dissapointed in some of the visual quality of the work i have done.i am not worried about the strength of the cons…

Started by paul anderson

11 Jul 27, 2011
Reply by Lee Dilkes

thoughts on mast extention

hello all I was looking at maybe extending the mast on my tiki 26 build to accomadate a bimini/targa top.this topic has been discussed befo…

Started by paul anderson

8 Jul 24, 2011
Reply by Duncan Clausen

load

about you how heavy is the load on every single lashing of the beams? I mean howmany kg has every single lashing to sustain?

Started by adriano meis

10 Jun 19, 2011
Reply by Geminidawn

Big Green Hippy Ship

As the building moves into it's final furlong I'm looking at finishing ideas. I am considering omitting the twin 15hp petrol outboards alto…

Started by Geminidawn

25 Jun 13, 2011
Reply by Geminidawn

rear beam

g,day i have been looking at ways to make a beam for the tramps of my tiki 26.now i woud like to build it out of timber or other materials.…

Started by paul anderson

5 Jun 12, 2011
Reply by Duncan Clausen

Calico and Manila

One of the greatest attractions of a Wharram for me is the whole self-build and self maintainence aspect. But as we all know the more advan…

Started by Geminidawn

16 May 18, 2011
Reply by Geminidawn

Melanesia: Crabclaw Spar Assembly?

The Melanesia plans call for the spars to be fitted to their jaws, then pinned and lashed together.  No mention of epoxy is made, that I ca…

Started by Rich Young

9 May 3, 2011
Reply by paul anderson

asymmetry between the hulls

Hi, after assembling my tiki 26 and after one hundred miles (more or less) I've noticed an assimetry between the hulls. It means That the r…

Started by adriano meis

18 Apr 18, 2011
Reply by kim whitmyre

Lightweight netting beams?

In my Pahi31 rebuild I'm now ready for 2 new netting beams.  The old ones were as plan made out of Douglas Fir  and were quite heavy, 2 lay…

Started by Frank Olsen

12 Apr 13, 2011
Reply by Robert Sheridan

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service