Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

I am in the U.S. and looking at Yanmar D27 outboards to power my Tiki 38. There is a place in England that rebuilds them. I was looking at ordering one or 2. They aint cheap and expensive to ship. With shipping, maybe $7,000 or less. Is anyone interested in a group order? There are some videos on youtube, just type in Yanmar d27.

The motors were not imported to the us after 1996 and they stopped making them a couple years ago.

Here is what the company does to the motors:

Our engines are built to order. They are usually  totally stripped. The crank shaft is sent away to be re-balanced and main bearing renewed, the pistons and conrods are renewed, valves ground and new guides if they are worn. It’s more of a re con than a re-build.

The leg & gearbox is removed and checked. anything that needs doing is done. The gearboxes never seem to need much work. They are well over engineered for the kind of HP they put out.

Then they are painted whatever color the customer wants, tested on a boat for 3-4hours of continuous use then shipped off.                                                    Price is $5600 for a non-tiller arm and $6700 with tiller arm.

Buyer make their own freight arrangements.

Views: 4890

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nev wonders whatever happened to Ruggerini diesel outboards out of Italy. We had a friend who had one about ten years ago. Coventry Climax in the UK was also working on one. Heard anything about either of those? It seems to be like a Holy Grail. Meanwhile we like our new 20 horse Yamaha 4 strokes.

How about some harnesses for a few good strong toads...? Might not work well in reverse though.

Ann and Nev
they have some on the alibaba website out of Germany for sale. new and rebuilt.  www.alibaba.com
I finally found a pair of used D27's last spring. They are currently sitting next to my boat awaiting the completion of my Tiki 38. Most of the alibaba sites are very expensive.
I think Yanmar may reconsider their decision over the next year or so. There are more  performance cats going to outboards like PDQ etc. did.  Some people worry aboyt Chinese quality for good reason but Japanese companies are now subbing the smaller stuff to china too. Did you see the 10HP diesel outboards out of China? They are very light . I think around 120 pounds.
I have not seen the Chinese models. I think they have yet to be proven. You can fix a Yanmar just about anywhere in the world. The Yanmar diesels are pretty much hand built, and parts are available from dealers. They are indeed heavy. I don't know what the demand for them would be.   Cost may be prohibitive.

Last spring I managed to get my Yanmars from my Scotland connection. He is back on his feet refurbishing Yanmar D27's. I have kept in contact with him and he currently has two refurbished D27's for sale. He will get me the information soon.  Contact me if you are interested. He has treated me well and I consider him a friend.

I doing export used outboard engine from japan Tokyo.and I have several stock YANMAR OUTBORAD DIESEL D27 D36 D40.

If you still looking for YANMAR OUT BORAD DIESEL ENGINE please contact me direct

themjapan@hotmail.co.jp

I will send ditail of YANMAR OUTBORAD DIESEL 

Best Regards

YOSHIDA NORIHIRO

With a Tiki 38 you only need one yanmar D27 down the center and 2 electric trolling motors on the sides for manuvering. The Yanmar has plenty of power.

We offer fully overhauled according to OEM specifications Yanmar diesel outboard engines D27, D36 & D40. With every engine included: 6 months fault free warranty, brand new fuel tank with hoses, fuel connectors, primary pump, export wooden crate for the safe delivery.  We could complete them in Tiller, or RC versions according to your requirements. In case of RC version RC box and shift/throttle cables will be included. We ship worldwide at budget costs via DHL sea or air freight.
Our engines:
If some questions, please contact me: info@motox.LT

I have a Yanmar D27 with 605 hours on the clock with fuel lines, controls,rev counter and clock which I bought locally as I was going to fit it to my "Oro"( to replace the BMC 1.5  diesel with a long shaft.)

The boat no longer exists as it was full of wet rot when I bought it and now has been consumed in a series of bonfires!!

I have swallowed the anchor due to age and health and have a loft full of fittings, masts , sails  radios compasses etc etc  from the boat plus other bits bought for the refit.

All this is for sale and I am open to offers.

The Yanmar D27 is in very good condition (a japan original ---not a chinese copy!!) and has been stored on a cradle at the back of my workshop for years. it is RC version and I still have the cables for the controls.

It is lying in Stornoway in Scotland and I could build a coffin for shipping if required.

Let me know if you are interested

Hello Chris, please contact me: info@motox.LT

Chris Bayly said:

I have a Yanmar D27 with 605 hours on the clock with fuel lines, controls,rev counter and clock which I bought locally as I was going to fit it to my "Oro"( to replace the BMC 1.5  diesel with a long shaft.)

The boat no longer exists as it was full of wet rot when I bought it and now has been consumed in a series of bonfires!!

I have swallowed the anchor due to age and health and have a loft full of fittings, masts , sails  radios compasses etc etc  from the boat plus other bits bought for the refit.

All this is for sale and I am open to offers.

The Yanmar D27 is in very good condition (a japan original ---not a chinese copy!!) and has been stored on a cradle at the back of my workshop for years. it is RC version and I still have the cables for the controls.

It is lying in Stornoway in Scotland and I could build a coffin for shipping if required.

Let me know if you are interested

Dear Yanmar outboard users and fans,

Your any requirement for any q-ty of any model, version, or control option could be covered easily, just let us know your exact requirement.

D18 D27 D36 D40 - stock available

Contact us: info@balticmachinery.com

We ship safely in a week to any airport of the Globe via DHL airfeight.

We would use our best knowledge to surpass your estimations.

More info: https://balticmachinery.com/

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service