Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Professionally built by seascape. Launched 2002.

please pm for full details and pics
Reduced to 29,000 Gbp for quick sale

Views: 4000

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Marty, interested in pictures and spec sheet if you could send to me. Have PM'd. Might be easier via e mail. Last I heard the boat was supposed to be in Pattaya, still there, if not where? Cheers

Inventory for Tiki 30 Nok Talay as of December 2010

Professionally Built by Authorised Wharram Builder, Gunther Nutt of Seascape asia in Phuket.

Year      : 2002

Plan No :112

Location Pattaya, Thailand

I have included all of the known issues at the bottom of the Inventory and estimates on the cost of fixing / replacing.

New Rolly Tasker mainsail never been used. - August 2010
Spinnaker cruising chute, Age unknown - V. good condition
Rolly Tasker Jib with Harken roller furling - 2002 v. good condition Sunbrella replaced 2006
New galvanised rigging - Nov 2010
New stern nets August 2010
Original build plans
2x barient No 8 jib winches
2x 75 watt solar panels
Honda 10hp long shaft 4 stoke - 2002
1x yamaha 24L fuel tank for main engine - 
6x 9 L fuel gerry cans
15kg plough anchor with 8m 12mm oversize chain + 40m warp
Small kedge with 30m 12mm warp
3 x fenders
Bosun chair.
Windsurf harness
4x Mooring lines + assorted spare ropes / lines
3 x heller 12v low power fans
Teak slatted foredeck
Teak stern swim ladder
80L water tank with shurflow ( needs service) on demand deck shower

2.8m tender with with cover and oars - 2002 - has a slow leak and the tubes really need replacing within the next year or so. cost of re-tubing about 1000 usd. ( a new 2.7m tender is about 2500 usd.)
5hp Yamaha 2 stroke with 11L tank - 2002

Console cover - sunbrella
Sail cover
4 x new Cockpit cushions - full coverage for all cockpit
4x small triangle cushions
Sunbrella deck tent / awning

Various paints and epoxy - inc 3 x interdeck non slip

NAVIGATION
Compass,
plastimo Hand bearing compass
Navman 3100 speed depth - needs repair / replacement
Barometer / humidity / thermometer
Parallel rule
Assorted charts - samui to pattaya
Assorted flares
Furuno VHF - needs fitting ( No antenna or cable)
Nikula binoculars
sony cd player and waterproof deck speakers

lavac toilet with manual macerator pump

GALLEY
2 burner gas hob - 2007
Waeco coolbox 12v - needs service/ replacement ( personally i wouldn't bother as it is power hungry and i never really used it)
Assorted pots, pans, plates and kitchen utensils

EXTRAS
Small parachute anchor
4 x Lalizas omega manual gas lifejackets
7x adult buoyancy aids
1x child buoyancy aid

Small charcoal BBQ
Assorted bedding / sheets / pillows
Masks / snorkels
Engine flush device
Spare oil filter
2x rolls velcro
Spare sunbrella material - small size

Commercial Thai reg for 12 pax

Known issues that need addressing:

honda carb needs rebuilding - kit has been ordered and should be completed this week. (At my cost .)
Yamaha carb needs cleaning / flushing - (will be done this week at my cost )

Mast needs rewiring and general overall tidy up / simplification of electrics - cost around 100 - 200 usd  - time needed 1 day
Replace galvanised dolphin striker wire with stainless wire + bottle screw - cost around 100 - usd time needed 2-3 hours
Replacement and rewire of navman depth / speed (may be possible to repair - screen faulty). around 200 usd depending on model. time needed 2 hours
new battery - 50usd -  time needed 10 mins
Waeco coolbox - needs service / replacement,  cost for new around 200 usd (i actually never really used this as i just used ice box / coolers and i wouldn't replace it as i was disappointed with its performance and power consumption)
Shurflow demand pump needs service ( probably just need disassembly / cleaning and greasing)
New Bimini tops needed - options are either a hard top or sunbrella - approx cost 100 - 150 usd depending on what you want.
Antifouling - an annual expense around 50 usd a year - do it yourself while dried out at low tide. - NO HAULOUT FEES!
Install of Furuno VHF ( brackets and power feed is installed) - replacement of antenna and antenna cable. (I never used this except during the delivery from phuket to singapore.)
Repainting of the non skid - 20% completed. Overall it is ok, i started this but due to the weather and moving to South africa fro my new project it hasnt been completed. I already  have the paint.

Touch up of hatch hinges and mast beam - I already have the paint

All of the above are very simple jobs that can be done yourself at a reduced cost.

Overall Nok Talay is in a very good condition for her age and all of the big ticket such as sails rigging etc have been replaced recently. The price of 29,000 GBP is a huge saving on a new boat (approx 48,000 euro from gunther at Seascape in Phuket) - without tender, solar panels ( 500 usd each)  and instruments, spinnaker ( 500usd min) etc. I have reduced the price for a quick private sale exclusive to this site,  however if i have to sell through the gulf charters broker after i leave thailand ( 10th jan 2011 ) the price will be 1,450,000 baht - approx 31,500 GBP.

I would estimate it would take around 1000 usd and less than  a week of work to get her back into tip top condition.

I can also arrange secure moorage and a skippered chartered program in Koh Samui if you are interested  to help defer costs and even make a profit....

Contact Marty : marty.c.peters (at) gmail.com - +66-892893355

Hello Marty,

Nok Talay looks like a great boat. Did you do much cruising in Thailand?

In Florida where I have sailed one can anchor near many marinas and use restaurant, showers etc. What is the situation in Thai? I like boat camping for a 2-3 days at a time, but then I want the comforts! 

I have read about charters in Thai and the cruising areas. It looks like you are on your own once you get away from big tourist islands like Phuket. Also, was wondering, does this builder offer a larger Wharram as one of his main builds?

Hi jairudy,

We kept mostly around Koh Samui and the surrounding islands and the Mu Anthong NAtional park except for the delivery from phuket to Samui via Singapore. There are actually lots of places to replenish supplies all over the east coast of Thailand and pattaya or koh chang is only a 40 hour sail away from Samui. Sometimes replenishing supplies can turn into an adventure especially if you don't speak thai, but then isn't that what cruising is all about. Around the tourist islands there is always a hot shower and comfy bed ashore at very reasonable prices, usually in a nice protected bay.

Seascape can build any of the designed and on the last few years has finished a couple of pahi 52's, a few tiki 30's and i believe "wavedancers" tiki 33, and I believe he is soon to start on a new tiki 46 or 38. Gunther builds great boats and is a very easy guy to deal with - unlike the many rip off so called boat builders in Thailand. Personally i can't recommend him enough.

Cheers

Marty

Hi Marty, 

I live in Krabi and am wondering if the boat is still for sale?

Danny

Hi Danny,

Yes she has now been sold.

Cheers

Marty

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service