Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Hey, folks. I'm down here with BudgetBoater building my Tiki 38. He said that only 2 people contributed money toward operating this site last year. He pays a few hundred dollars a year to run this valuable resource out of his own pocket. You know that this site is not censored except for harmful spam. He only wants a free exchange of valuable information,  Even the official "W" site has little information that is discussed freely as on this site. We are 1200 strong and need to vote with our money. If everyone contributed $1, he could run this site for over 2 years! Of course, there are only 10% of our members that are truly active. So, If you have advertised a boat for sale, solved a building problem, connected with old friends, found a source for materials, or just had some interesting reading, you should make a small donation to keep this site healthy. I'll start it off and donate $10 today. Don't go crazy and contribute a lot; he doesn't need much. Make this a truly community site. Many people contributing a small amount ($5.00) is much better than one person contributing a lot.

Thanx

Chuck!

acatnameddog.com

Views: 3137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You will be receiving a note in the mail shortly.

Ann and Neville Clement said:

I mailed you a $50 check and you did not cash it yet.  Could you please see what happened maybe at your end.  I can stop that check and write another if needed.  Heck, I am happy just looking at the pics of all the boats.  Also I love looking at Jacques video of our boat under sail.  Wow! 

I've been thinking about donating for some time now, and I tried it today. Glad to see a paypal account wasn't needed.

However, the form requires address, email and private phone number in order to let me pay.

I don't see any reason for that. Verification is what the security code is for.

I'm pretty pinchy with what I'll let third party providers know about my spending habits, on principle.

So.. no payment just yet, sorry :|

Send cash. Budge will stoop that low.

I am just old and I like to pay some things with a simple old check.  Could you please repeat the address AND ALSO TELL US HOW TO MAKE OUT THE CHECK!  I sent you $50 check and you sent it back to me because I addressed it to Wharram Builders and Friends.  So if that name will not work, please tell what name to make the check out to.  I am not eager to go on line to pay money.  I do not understand this way of paying bills.

Thanks -  Ann and Nev

Email sent.

I am just old and I like to pay some things with a simple old check.  Could you please repeat the address AND ALSO TELL US HOW TO MAKE OUT THE CHECK!  I sent you $50 check and you sent it back to me because I addressed it to Wharram Builders and Friends.  So if that name will not work, please tell what name to make the check out to.  I am not eager to go on line to pay money.  I do not understand this way of paying bills.

Thanks -  Ann and Nev

Here we are frozen in time. All we need is a $hundred five. 20 of the 1400 members could give 5 bucks. Nothing is free. Is this site worth a few dollars? Or should we let it die? I am always amazed that 10% of society makes it run; the rest are in for the free  ride...............

Just made my donation. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks for keeping this site going!

Bob

Budget Boater said:

Email sent.

Thanks -  Ann and Nev

Pay Pal is such an easy and secure way to do it ! :) Patrick.

$495????? 5 bucks short! $5.00               C'mon folks..........................

The suspense is killing me!!  I just can't watch it any more, five dollars short of the target!

It's no good, I know I paid my usual small donation way back, but I can't resist going in again and adding another five.  In my currency it's only £3.35, about the same a pint of british beer...  Once it works its way through the system (the five bucks not the beer) we'll have raised the full amount!  Phew!!

I know several people put in more than I do each year, but BB would prefer lots of folks to give a little each, rather than a few carrying the whole cost of the site.  It's ironic that two senior members (who shall remain nameless but are mentioned not far from this note) are not only the most generous with their money, but also give us unlimited wise and valuable advice.  For me as a Tiki owner, working on my boat alone, this forum provides so much support and encouragement, I can't overstate how much I appreciate BB for keeping it up and running!

Rob

Thanks to everyone who made a donation. Even without your donations, I would always make sure the site goes on. It is the valuable questions, answers, comments, photos, and videos that makes this website what it is.

Hi BB.  We love this site, but I think the new fund-raising target of five million dollars might be pushing it just a tiny little bit...  ;-)

Good one!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service