Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Hey, folks. I'm down here with BudgetBoater building my Tiki 38. He said that only 2 people contributed money toward operating this site last year. He pays a few hundred dollars a year to run this valuable resource out of his own pocket. You know that this site is not censored except for harmful spam. He only wants a free exchange of valuable information,  Even the official "W" site has little information that is discussed freely as on this site. We are 1200 strong and need to vote with our money. If everyone contributed $1, he could run this site for over 2 years! Of course, there are only 10% of our members that are truly active. So, If you have advertised a boat for sale, solved a building problem, connected with old friends, found a source for materials, or just had some interesting reading, you should make a small donation to keep this site healthy. I'll start it off and donate $10 today. Don't go crazy and contribute a lot; he doesn't need much. Make this a truly community site. Many people contributing a small amount ($5.00) is much better than one person contributing a lot.

Thanx

Chuck!

acatnameddog.com

Views: 2725

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pour ceux qui lisent mal en anglais, il semblerait qu'un substantiel don de quelques euros par paypal ou autre aideraient le webmaster à faire fonctionner ce site, très efficace et bien fait .

Merci, Laurent.

It takes you 30 seconds to add a small amount to this crowd funded website. Remember: we (you) are part of this crowd. This site is the only place for honest discussions about Wharram catamarans. You can buy, sell, discuss, and complain without restrictions. For the price of a fancy cup of coffee, you can help pay the fees for this site.

Buy Charlie's Boat!

Good morning, All,

I have been a mostly inactive member until very recently as I prepare to build my second Wharram. Time for me to ante up - there is so much valuable information on this Forum. So, help me out, someone. I see mentions about PayPal, which I am okay using. Where is the PayPal button? How do I go about making my contribution?

On the Home (MAIN) page, in the left column there is a donation thermometer with a donate button under it. Click the Donate button, and it will take you to a specific Paypal page set for donations to WharramBuilders.com.

You do not need a Paypal account.

Rod McLaren said:

Good morning, All,

I have been a mostly inactive member until very recently as I prepare to build my second Wharram. Time for me to ante up - there is so much valuable information on this Forum. So, help me out, someone. I see mentions about PayPal, which I am okay using. Where is the PayPal button? How do I go about making my contribution?

Thanks, Budget. As soon as I saw 'donation thermometer" I remembered seeing it. Too big a rush to see today's posts, I guess. 

By the way, thanks for all you do. This is a wonderful source of all kinds of "good stuff."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service