Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Hello folks,in a bad east coast storm recently I lost a hatch off my tang mk4 and ended up with 6 inches of rain in one hull,which sat in there for a couple of weeks before i got to the boat. As i didnt build the boat I'm uncertain of the construction of the water tank which is the floor..Would it be a good idea to treat the rain infected areas with anything like salt or a specific chemical? Any thoughts would be greatly appriciated,Matt.

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello i'm french and sorry for my accent!  So is your water tank with 6 inches of rain water? Or the top of it? 

It was on top of it, but also in storage areas under bunks.

Just encourage it to thoroughly dry out, Matt. I doubt it will have suffered much.  The port lights on my boat were open during a good thunderstorm years ago, and I had 3 inches of water in the rear cabin footwells. Pumped and sponged it out, let it (and the cushions!) dry, no problems at all.

Thanks Kim, I have thrown around some borax but there's no signs of problems,ha! Time will tell.

Blanc Jean-Paul said:

Hello i'm french and sorry for my accent!  So is your water tank with 6 inches of rain water? Or the top of it? 

Salut Jean Paul, contacte moi logurg@Yahoo.fr , j'ai besoin de ton aide, j'ai une double pirogue grée avec une pince de crabe, mais je ne sais pas comment l'assembler, il faut que je t'envoie des photos du mat de la voile ... Ou es tu maintenant ?   

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service