Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Peace IV Tiki 46 IS NOT FOR SALE THIS YEAR AFTER ALL!!!

Nev and I had thought his balance and agility problems were such that he might have to stop sailing this year, but in recent weeks, this problem has mostly resolved itself.  It turns out some folks take as much as two years to recover from total knee replacement due to the stress on nerve endings and circulation, and I guess Nev has just been slow to recover. 

We inherited a house in Rhode Island last year which we have cleared, packed into boxes, and are now mostly finished painting inside because we have decided to sell.  So in the process of clearing the basement and going up and down stairs with heavy loads, his strength has improved, his balance has improved, circulation improved, and his feet have stopped being so numb.  I guess it is true that hard work is just good for you!  In any case, we are willing to sail gently and conservatively for another year in our wonderful Wharram. 

We will be looking to buy a house in Oriental, North Carolina in the near future after the house in Providence, Rhode Island sells.

PEACE IV IS NOT FOR SALE AFTER ALL!!!  YIPPIE!!!!

Views: 867

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is great news. You two are such great contributors to the Wharram nation. Glad you too are sticking around for a while and even happier for Nev's progress. I hope Penny and I get to meet you both one day in a harbor. Boatsmith is closing in on the completion of the Ariki 48 as you have probably seen on his site. We are really excited to start sailing her.

Smooth Sailing

Brad

"wer rastet, der rostet..." is a german saying. it means. if you rest , you get rosty...  i am happy to read that Nev is getting better...

all the best to you..

hans

Great news, we are happy for you both.

Robert and Helen

Good news!! Have a great time and all the best

Demi & Dirk

great news!  just hang on for 7 more years and we'll join you in the bahamas,lol!

good news !

i released my back , neck, anckles, fingers pain, by taking ascorbic acid ( synthetic c vitamin) in cure :  half small spoon ( 120mg) 6x day in water during on week . the blood is saturated , acts like a shower in artery . i bought it 12€ /kg in grocery for wine preparation ...

Add one grumpy old man to your list of well - wishers !

Linus Pauling was a personal friend of my childhood family so I have heard all about the vitamin C business since I was a little girl.  It is amazing stuff but taste is a problem.  I think every person at Caltech back long ago was taking the vitamin C Pauling treatment.  Thanks for reminding me of some good memories.  Ann

laurent said:

good news !

i released my back , neck, anckles, fingers pain, by taking ascorbic acid ( synthetic c vitamin) in cure :  half small spoon ( 120mg) 6x day in water during on week . the blood is saturated , acts like a shower in artery . i bought it 12€ /kg in grocery for wine preparation ...

Oh Mike, Just come on down.  You know which cabin to occupy.  Room for you, your woman and your daughter.  Just come on down.  Mid winter is nice down there!  XOXO

Mike Haromy said:

great news!  just hang on for 7 more years and we'll join you in the bahamas,lol!

Glad to hear Nev is feeling better and you guys will get further sailing time on Peace. Hope the house sells fast and you can get back to the boat.

Great news indeed!  It's wonderful to hear of Nev's improvement, and of your decision to continue cruising for a while longer!

Great News!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service