Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

After my first assembly, it looks like it is not enough space between the beam and deck for the 20 mm socket. Would it be ok to just sand them thinner? Any suggestions?

Views: 399

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If i remember correctly in the tiki 26 plans it says something like ...''make the blocks to suit. 

So yes I would just shape the block to suit the deck shape.

Ok, thanks for your swift reply. I will just sand them down a few mm then. How close should the block be to the socket? Shall it bee very tight?

I would leave a bit of space, so there is a bit of ''play'' when you have to assemble the boat again. Too tight tolerances are not needed here imho.

Paul's got it Terje. If the tolerance is a "friction" fit, you wil be turning the air blue with invective while attempting to assemble the boat. 

Seems normal. On my Hitia I had to sand the blocks down too.

Ohh and for the Hitia there will be some rubber pads that lift the beams up again just a bit.

Michael Stephani said:

Seems normal. On my Hitia I had to sand the blocks down too.

Block is so dificult. In my Tiki 30 we spend 2 weeks for do all blocks, look how many pencil lines in beam...kkk

You sure right. Nice work. I spend the hold day finishing 4 blocks.

Look I have the same question, how to maintain 4cm inside de block thickness, becouse we use the option lasshing ropes in center of blocks, we need strong blocks.

Rogerio Martin said:

Block is so dificult. In my Tiki 30 we spend 2 weeks for do all blocks, look how many pencil lines in beam...kkk

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service