Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Hi Folks!!!

I'm in the process to get new sails for our Tiki 38 and we are looking for sail makers and  a complete sail set specifications since  when we bought the boat , the set of blueprints of the boat were not complete.

Our boat came with WOLFE sails, made in Topeka/Kansas and I am very happy with those sails, and the make is excellent. I was trying to get in contact with them but it seems they moved or are out of business. Anyone knows those guys?

I am looking also to get a new Genoa , since the one we have now looks to be from another boat/second hand one. Question is: Whats the best shape for it?

Any references? Bad and good experiences with sail makers? Any references about prices?

Cheers

Alex

Views: 362

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Il y a un jeu de voile a vendre en France il est neuf, la personne ne construit plus son bateau.

dans la boite.

i will write to that guy, thank you Olivier..

BTW: i am quoting with Rollytasker from Thailand and Lee Sails from Hong Kong.

However  I would need the original complete Wharram's specs to compare the offers... anyone has them please?

What are the best cloth weight for each sail  to consider?

i got the quote from Rollytasker (that was fast!!! I didn't expected that) , the full set (jib, main, mizzen and gennaker) with 6 ounces Dacron was $ 4188 us dollars including shipment

alex

alex said:

i will write to that guy, thank you Olivier..

BTW: i am quoting with Rollytasker from Thailand and Lee Sails from Hong Kong.

However  I would need the original complete Wharram's specs to compare the offers... anyone has them please?

What are the best cloth weight for each sail  to consider?

as Jacques said Tasker is great, sorry i don't know his name but there is also since 1 or 2 years a guy working before for Tasker who open is sail maker, i heard that price was better than with Tasker and the quality was the same,i know he is in Phuket also.
But as Olivier said if there is new sails waiting for owner in France it is probably the best deal you can found.

perhaps think about the protections

Il faudrait peut-être penser aux protections des voiles et commander avec.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service