A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts
Our trusty CQR copied was looking very rusty last year so we replaced it with a Rocna as we wanted something that bit quickly as we are in the Med and anchorages are crowded. As we do not have a windlass we we ended up with a 10kg as there was not a 12kg and the 15kg is too heavy for us to handle.
When we used it we found it bit as quickly as advertised. The only time we had a problem with it was when we dragged; however, it did reset, the bottom was not brilliant and as we were on chain and rode we may not have had enough scope (lulled in to a false sense of security as we had sat the weather out for 2 days before we dragged when it picked up a bit more overnight with a nasty chop).
We subsequently laid a all rode kedge as a backup and had a succession of windsurfers come off in front of us as their skegs caught the rode when the load came on :-|