Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts


My Melanesia is in transit to Italy.  Where is a good resource for laws and regs I may need to follow?  Specifically for small, engineless, pleasure craft.  I assume Italy will have their own ways of collecting fees or taxes on top of any EU requirements.  Are there differences between fresh/inland use versus sea use?

Thanks in advance!

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Nathan,
if you and your Melanesia will live in Italy you have to dig in the Italian Sea-Law. The regs to register a boat in the EU are non-uniform. Maybe you will have to pay VAT in the EU. But generally I think (don't know!) that you will have no legal problems to sail around with this small, engineless (!) vessel. Its more like a non-really-double-canoe, isn't it.


Reply to Discussion


© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service