Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Hey everyone,

l'm putting a crab claw on my tangaroa and dont know where to place my mast exactly. The mast is 7.5 meters,as are my yard and boom,the sail being a 60 degree triangle. How do l work out pressures as far as standing rigging goes? I have some 10mm/4500kg breaking strain spectra l was thinking to use,would that do the job? Any thoughts greatly appriciated. Matt

Views: 222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello 
Unless the surface of sailing claw or a top surface of the base rig , retains the same sections of rigging . To determine the sail center track at the scale of the plan on a sheet shape of your sail, bisecting each side of the triangle intersect in the geometric center which is also the center of the sail. this wing center must be located in one place than is provided on the plane. but as it is a different sail plan a wide margin settings. Personally for my project , I plan a tilt adjustment and a mast foot movement .

Ok thanks Jean-Paul,It is indeed an arcane science!

Blanc Jean-Paul said:

Hello 
Unless the surface of sailing claw or a top surface of the base rig , retains the same sections of rigging . To determine the sail center track at the scale of the plan on a sheet shape of your sail, bisecting each side of the triangle intersect in the geometric center which is also the center of the sail. this wing center must be located in one place than is provided on the plane. but as it is a different sail plan a wide margin settings. Personally for my project , I plan a tilt adjustment and a mast foot movement .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service