Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Hello everyone,

This season, I am afraid of, will not be a sailing season.

Here in germany touristy activities are forbidden. Hotels are closed, camping grounds are closed and marinas are closed. For me it is impossible to reach my boat, do the maintenance and bring it into the water. 

I am afraid, this situation will persist.

What is the situation in your countries? How do you handle it?

Keep healthy!

SoLong

Views: 411

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In Kansas the State parks and lakes remain open for boating and camping and the Park Department is encouraging people to get out and enjoy them. Social distancing rules do still apply, such as no gathering of more than 10, etc. The very nature of camping, fishing and boating in itself does distance people I suppose. That said, I took the Mrs for a drive around one of our larger lakes last weekend and saw very few people anywhere and only a couple of fishers at a launch ramp, none at the yacht club.We're yet to see the exponential growth of the illness here. It's coming, we're told. 

In Finland we are facing the exponential growth too. The Border Guard discourages boating activities at moment to allocate the guards to other pandemic-related tasks and to avoid exposing them to infections during rescue operations. The government isolated Uusimaa region (where Helsinki is located) that naturally also affects to boat trailering. I hope they won't declare a curfew or more movement restrictions. Spending time hiking and sailing are perfect alternatives to staying at home.

No restriction on boating in Hong Kong.I will tomorrow prepair my Tiki21 for a week camping cruise in the territory and islands. Bars, cinemas...everything is closed however.

In England the marinas are closed and local Harbour Masters have banned leisure boating in their harbours. Also un-necessary travel is banned - I think towing my Hinemoa down to the water would definitely attract unwanted attention from the authorities. So she will have to stay in my garden until the lock-down is ended. Hope it happens in time for me to attend the Wharram Hui in Devoran at the end of July. Meanwhile, just thankful that all my family are healthy.

Richard Flegg said:

In England the marinas are closed and local Harbour Masters have banned leisure boating in their harbours. Also un-necessary travel is banned - I think towing my Hinemoa down to the water would definitely attract unwanted attention from the authorities. So she will have to stay in my garden until the lock-down is ended. Hope it happens in time for me to attend the Wharram Hui in Devoran at the end of July. Meanwhile, just thankful that all my family are healthy.

Update

after May, 25. I and all others can start.

The marina is open, but travelling is forbidden. So I can't reach the marina before May, 25.

Keep healthy

SoLong

Here in Brazil the marinas have been closed since March 15, but the waters are open for navigation, who have a boat in the independent buoy, and have access to the beaches, are able to sail. But many ports are closed, meaning you can leave and return to the same port. I went sailing with my wife, with different hygiene care on the way home / boat. Public transport is a major contagion site. Unfortunately, we have a crazy president who will be a tragedy in the coming months / years. #helpbrazil

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service