Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

I like the idea of having a catwalk to the forestay like on bigger cats on my tiki30.

Here is a photo from Jacques.

Has anyone adapted this for a tiki30? Without the mastfeetcase of course. And how did you connected the case for anchorchain and -rope to the center- and front beam on a tiki30?

Views: 402

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

here you can see how I arranged cat walk.

it works and I find it nice to see

Thank you for that inspiration. Your solution is just, what I want to have. But I cant go through the frontbeam, because I dont want to build a new one. So I Need a solution, where the catwalk is fixed upon and under the beams.

adriano meis said:

here you can see how I arranged cat walk.

it works and I find it nice to see

Sorry for posting your photo without asking before Jacques. You are right, my thought is, to have the second anchor and its garderobe stored in place.

Jacques said:

Thanks for this!

Inspired from the Tiki46 and custom made. One other big point is that you can then have two anchors and mooring lines. They are stored in two boxes under the deck behind the front beam.

SoLong,

When we were building our Tiki 46 we wanted a cat walk going aft to the place we were putting a Monitor Wind Vane.  So we built a plank out of foam with 6mm ply top and bottom and a wide edge on each side and found we could attach it to the crossbeams.  It attaches to the top of one beam and the bottom of the other.  You can see pics of our boat and I am sure there will be a pic of that cat walk there.  You could modify for your own boat.  Eventually we put some solar panels back there and rested one edge of the panels on that cat walk.  We don't use it a lot, but we are sure glad it is there some times when there is a problem that needs attention.  Keep your plank light weight and keep it minimal because it will be an addition to the plan.  Maybe figure out a way so you can take it off if you don't like it.  Epoxy can be a bit of a problem if you change your mind!  That is where rope lacings are a big benefit! 

Al lthe best,  Ann and Nev

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service