Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

I'm a couple weeks from trial mast raise...  and I cannot find a definitive location point called out in the plans for the traveller attachments.  Via photos it looks like a bit of a free for all ?  If you could chime in on what you have , I would greatly appreciate it.

Views: 289

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

oops- might help to ID this as on a Tiki 30...   

The "traveler" is just a piece of line attached to the stem post. Nothing fancy.

Drill a couple of holes, epoxy coat, feed lines though (put sheet block on), tie knots.

Budget Boater said:

The "traveler" is just a piece of line attached to the stem post. Nothing fancy.

Drill a couple of holes, epoxy coat, feed lines though (put sheet block on), tie knots.

Thanks- i have seen some attached to stem above decking and some on the stem below deck line- any advantage to either location?

Hi There

I put an aluminium beam at the rear and had my traveler rope above this , ie rope attached aft of this, at the top of the stern post and going over the alu beam. This I felt gave a good angle for the mainsheet as the mainsheet ran along this. You  can also do away with this idea and use a mainsheet on each stern post but using a rope coming from each post and then your mainsheet attached to this to keep sheet lengths down. I prefer the Wharram system and I like adjusting the traveler and then the mainsheet. Each to their own. good luck

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service