Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Hi, I am currently in the process of sourcing aluminium tubes for masts for my Tiki 38. Two 11m long tubes 140mm dia 4mm wall thickness is too small order to process. If anyone would be interested to join in we could place a bigger order and get them made. This would also get the price down. I am based in Poland. Shipping to elsewhere could get organized I suppose.

I will probably need them Spring 2015 as the boat is still being built. So there is still plenty of time to get everything organized.

Views: 1963

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bonjour,

Suivant le prix ok pour moi pour 3.

Olivier

Nice one. I will try to get the price next week and let you know.

roux olivier said:

Bonjour,

Suivant le prix ok pour moi pour 3.

Olivier

Hi, I'm from Germany and very interested in a Aluminium-Mast for my tikki 30. As I know, the measures are the same as for a tikki 38. 11m Long seems to be a Little bit longer, as per plan, but that whould meet my wishes to get a liitle bit more space over my had.

tell me please, what the Price will be.

Gerhard, solong

No problem I will be getting in touch with suppliers next week and let you know. Do you want just one tube? I am getting one extra to make front and aft netting beams.

Placing one bigger group order might be a good way of getting better price and marine top quality alloy.

SoLong said:

Hi, I'm from Germany and very interested in a Aluminium-Mast for my tikki 30. As I know, the measures are the same as for a tikki 38. 11m Long seems to be a Little bit longer, as per plan, but that whould meet my wishes to get a liitle bit more space over my had.

tell me please, what the Price will be.

Gerhard, solong

Thank you. No, no nead of a front or aft beam. my tiki 30 is aft heavier, as she should be, because of the outbord-Motor. I try and trimm everything as forward as i can and i don't want to have extra weight. A rope for an aft is enough for netting

Hi Luk,
I am building a 38, Kira, and to date had planned to build my own masts. Have just returned from a visit to Neil's Gleda, and am now convinced that aluminium masts are the way to go.
I am very interested in a group order. I would need the two masts and a further section for the aft beam. I am in the UK, so would need to organise shipping. Thanks for trying to organise this, it can't be easy.
Regards
Adrian Hall.
adrian.hall1@me.com or adrian.hall@nhs.net
Hi Adrian,
Any plans to update your website - it sound like you are doing well.
Hi Kenneth,
Now that Gelda has moved on to the next phase we feel that we should take up the mantel and return to the blogosphere. Our silence has been caused by a technical hitch (we don't understand computers!) and we have been locked out of our own admin area. However, now that the second hull is built and the repetitious stuff is over, we will hopefully be back online soon. Thank you for remembering us!
Cheers
Janine (Adrian's wife/computer technician/fillet queen!)
Hi Janine,
It would give us great pleasure to See your Building Progress on your KIRA Blog! We Check your Blog every week for some News!
All the best
Demi and Dirk Van Dyke
www.hinemoana.com. ( our blog "Building a Tiki 46)

Hi Adrian,

I hope you are doing well. I heard about you guys from Neil when I went to visit him and Gleda in the barn in the Midlands last year. I will change the inquiry and add your ali to it. Will need to send a few email to a few places and let you know as soon as I can. By you coming along, if all works out, the order could be over 500kg which is niece as some places only talk to you when the special order is over 500kg so fingers crossed.

Adrian Hall said:

Hi Luk,
I am building a 38, Kira, and to date had planned to build my own masts. Have just returned from a visit to Neil's Gleda, and am now convinced that aluminium masts are the way to go.
I am very interested in a group order. I would need the two masts and a further section for the aft beam. I am in the UK, so would need to organise shipping. Thanks for trying to organise this, it can't be easy.
Regards
Adrian Hall.
adrian.hall1@me.com or adrian.hall@nhs.net

Thanks Luc. Will wait for your further advice

Adrian

Salut a vous. Pour info et avant discussion. Quand pensez vous?

Hi to you. For info and prior discussion. When do you?

Olivier

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service