Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

The Boats (124)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I have the tiki 26 build book but what is missing?

hello everyone— I have the tiki 26 hauled and on the trailer in my yard. I’d like to do some maintenance and repair this Spring. I have the…

Started by michael k

1 Jan 26, 2020
Reply by Rogerio Martin

Hobbyhorsing

Any boat will hobbyhorse in some conditions, and you can't always change course to get out of it.  Factors such as length compared to…

Started by Dean Wilkerson

19 Dec 23, 2019
Reply by Dean Wilkerson

Tiki 30 beam question

I am going to look at a Tiki30 in Hilo, Hoping to buy it before the end of the month. I only have seen a couple photos so far, but the beam…

Started by Levi Verwoest

9 Dec 18, 2019
Reply by Struan

RONGO

Plans are being offered in a limited edition. Looks like the plans drawings are about at least as good as the Tane plans I have for compar…

Started by Graeme

0 Oct 18, 2019

Inside the Tanenui.

To all the Tanenui owners out there, I’m looking at this design right now and while I’d like to build at this stage I’m just biding my time…

Started by Reuben Filsell

0 Oct 16, 2019

Beam connection

Hi all. I am looking to buy a Wharram 30' to 36' and found a couple I can afford however, the design doesnt  seem correct to me, where the…

Started by Raf

14 Oct 8, 2019
Reply by Reuben Filsell

Adding Winglets to my Tiki 26

After more then ten years of sailing my Tiki 26 Freyia, I decided I needed to do something to get her a better speed when surfing or saili…

Started by Matthias von Mutius

15 Oct 8, 2019
Reply by Reuben Filsell

Ocean Crossing Tiki 26

Ignoring the issue of potential discomfort and focusing instead on safety and reliability, what types of modifications would you make if yo…

Started by Jacob Sears

6 Oct 8, 2019
Reply by Reuben Filsell

Rigid 37 footer??

I was looking at Catamarans for sale, and recently found an interesting "Custom Wharram Design 37" that appears to be rigid.   Anybody know…

Started by Dean Wilkerson

18 Sep 11, 2019
Reply by Arthur Gottschalk

Pahi or Tiki?

I'm wondering which design would make a better ocean boat. I've read what James has said but I'm still not sure which design-- a Pahi or Ti…

Started by Arthur Gottschalk

5 Sep 10, 2019
Reply by Ian R

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service