Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Sails and Rigs (129)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

attachment point for main sheet traveller?

I'm a couple weeks from trial mast raise...  and I cannot find a definitive location point called out in the plans for the traveller attach…

Started by curt goodnight

4 Jul 18, 2016
Reply by Brett Parker

Tell me about the Spirit Rig

As rigged on Wharrams' in particular and on beach cat size range such as the Maui, Hitia 14 & 17, Tiki 21, Hinemoa or Tiki 26. Since th…

Started by Allen Bosely

6 Jun 19, 2016
Reply by Dan Hammond

PAHI 31 Tiki rig and Tiki style Beams

Hi, I already ask this question in the small pahi group. Maybe I'll have a better chance here : I am trying to buy a Pahi 31 which is bui…

Started by Benoit

6 Jun 4, 2016
Reply by laurent

Continuous Line Furler on Tiki 21

I'm considering one of these on my Tiki 21.  http://www.ronstan.co.uk/marine5/product.asp?ProdNo=RS006000 It would solve a bunch of proble…

Started by Ian Bamsey

9 May 9, 2016
Reply by sailorjoy

New Mainsail for Tiki 21

My next project is building a new mast made of carbon. I make it 7.50 meter long. Also the gaff will be longer. The peak is higher than the…

Started by sailorjoy

2 Apr 7, 2016
Reply by sailorjoy

Mana Rig

What do you think of Mana's rig especially regarding the following points? Windward ability Ease of tacking Pitching inducing due to main m…

Started by Aneblanc

0 Mar 30, 2016

tiki 26 continuous jib sheets

Would appreciate confirmation of the following: - diameter for jib sheet - length if rigged continuous - what spec block required - at jib…

Started by Johnny Martin

0 Mar 15, 2016

Wire or Dyneema for Standing Rigging?

Just had a quote for replacing the standing rigging for my Tiki 26, Taking her across biscay in June and half thinking of changing to dynee…

Started by Barefoot Boat Bums

10 Mar 9, 2016
Reply by Barefoot Boat Bums

tabernacle questioning

I'm realizing that the tabernacle design for my tiki 30 is going to have major shortcomings. I've built the pod version and it prevents the…

Started by john james

14 Feb 18, 2016
Reply by john james

Crabclaw rig queries

Hey everyone, l'm putting a crab claw on my tangaroa and dont know where to place my mast exactly. The mast is 7.5 meters,as are my yard an…

Started by matt connolly

2 Feb 17, 2016
Reply by matt connolly

RSS

© 2017   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service