Sails and Rigs (138)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tangaroa mk IV

Will sails for Tangaroa IV fit Tiki 38 ?. Thanx

Started by Emil Gaigher

2 Jun 11
Reply by steve martland

sqare sails compared to spinnakers

Are square sails more stable than a spinnaker? I am using a gennaker for my T 38 but get annoyed when it suddenly collapses and then starts…

Started by Brett Parker

11 Jun 7
Reply by Brett Parker

Tiki 21 forestay and Jib downhaul

I've got new sails on my Tiki 21 and required a fixed forestay in place of the old furler. Here's the new set up. There's more on my blog.

Started by Ian Bamsey

0 May 17

Tiki 38 headsail

Been wondering whether it is better to have the tack of the sail down as low as poss or as high as poss. I think it is better to keep it lo…

Started by Brett Parker

5 Mar 21
Reply by dave tomlinson

Lenticular sails

Hi guys,  I take it by the lack of response to my last post you lot also think I'm a crank. I've been researching building my own boat and…

Started by sirfbus1964

14 Feb 26
Reply by agur paesüld

Jib & Spinnaker Sheeting

I've never been totally happy with the jib sheeting on my Tiki 21. It's currently on a 2:1 which runs through a block on a lanyard much as…

Started by Ian Bamsey

32 Feb 14
Reply by Ian Bamsey

What type of rig for my Pahi 42?

Hi To All Wharram Cat Owners, I am now nearing completion of my Captain Cook Pahi 42 here in the Southern Cape of South Africa. I need to m…

Started by Graham Anley

14 Jan 17
Reply by Graham Anley

Tama Moana sail

Hello all,does anybody out there know how the sail on a tama moana is attached to boom and spar? the nuts and bolts of that lashing system?…

Started by matt connolly

3 Dec 29, 2016
Reply by matt connolly

Rudimentary Gin pole mast lifting.

I enlisted the help of a couple of lads and a liveaboard to help me lift my mast on Saturday.A combination of strong winds and fecklessness…

Started by paul anderson

7 Dec 27, 2016
Reply by paul anderson

Gaff noise - any solutions?

Hi All, My first post here and good to be on board. On the Tiki 38 Luckyfish we had the standard leather protection on the inside of the ga…

Started by Stewart Coates

6 Dec 20, 2016
Reply by Brett Parker

RSS

© 2017   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service