Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Sails and Rigs (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Raising the stick.

I would like to raise the mast today, not sure if I can get a crew together to help with this.I need to do this so that i can tweak the rig…

Started by paul anderson

19 Nov 14, 2013
Reply by paul anderson

Aluminium masts replacing wooden

Hi All. Advice needed. Have just rebuilt my back wooden mast, bottom 2.4 meters was rotten, it's a long story and i will post the rebuild i…

Started by Cooper Dan

14 Nov 12, 2013
Reply by Ian Bamsey

Theta 26 Mono Rig on Tiki 26

Can a mono hull rig with the mast be used on a Tiki 26. This rig for a Theta 26 Mono has become available at a very good price. It would sa…

Started by Jesse Walker

11 Nov 4, 2013
Reply by laurent

jib furler for Tiki 46

After 50,000 miles, our old roller furler was getting tired, so we have just replaced it with a brand new ProFurl and like it very much bet…

Started by Ann and Neville Clement

4 Oct 23, 2013
Reply by Ann and Neville Clement

Nicks in my mainsail

Can anyone tell me what is making these nicks in my otherwise beautiful mainsail? What ever is doing it, I haven't been able to catch in th…

Started by Roger

9 Aug 20, 2013
Reply by Roger

Standing rigging lashings - how tight? - & how?!

Hi everyone! I am sure many of you have some good ideas about this - how tight should the lashings for the standing rigging be? I have a Pa…

Started by Andy Best-Dunkley

18 Aug 8, 2013
Reply by alex

Sail of Bahia Brazil

I find this blog and I think someone will like, look the Saveiro's Sail in Bahia Brazil http://saveirodabahia.blogspot.com.br/ 

Started by Rogerio Martin

0 Jul 29, 2013

Wire size and loads

For the tangaroa or tiki 38 can someone point me to loads and the call out for rope and wire sizes? leaning towards amsteel blue or similar…

Started by Herb Moore

0 Jul 29, 2013

Spinnaker for Tiki 38

I've decided I need a spinnaker..."Kattu" may be sensational upwind,  but not so much off the wind.  The plans don't show any dimensions; …

Started by Alf Bangert

3 Jul 23, 2013
Reply by Alf Bangert

spirit rig

As I progress with the build of my Hinemoa, I'm starting to think about what rig to put on her. I am quite taken with the 'Spirit rig' opti…

Started by Barrie Gilchrist

1 Jul 13, 2013
Reply by Galway Bay

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service