Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Sails and Rigs (136)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Wharram Wingsail

After numerous trips on Sandy, my Tiki 21, I am just not sold on the Wharram wingsail. Trying to reef singlehanded on a rough sea is quite…

Started by Rick Hueschen

24 Sep 17, 2010
Reply by Jeff Kittle

Rigging loads for T38

Hi all,I am about to commit to a Dynex Dux rig for my Tiki 38 but I want to be sure about sizing.Can anyone tell me the design loads for th…

Started by Jamie Rohan

25 Aug 25, 2010
Reply by Björn

forestay tension

How tight should I pull the tension on the forestay for my Tangaroa.  The side stays are on lanyards, the forestay on a bottlescrew.  My id…

Started by Tim Cox

3 Aug 24, 2010
Reply by kim whitmyre

Sailing Technique: Excellent Story!

Here's a wonderful tale of a sail that demonstrates sailing to weather  better than my comments on one of Jacque's threads:http://www.point

Started by kim whitmyre

2 Aug 8, 2010
Reply by Ralf

Crab Claw Tiki 30?

Hi All,   Has anyone out there experimented with or is currently sailing with a crab claw rig on a tiki 30?   If so, how did/do you find it…

Started by Joshua del Mar

0 Mar 22, 2010

Building a Gaff

I have built the gaff for my T30. Looking at the almost finished spar I am asking myself if I should give it some taper towards the end. Th…

Started by Ralf

12 Jan 8, 2010
Reply by Ron Hall

Schooner vs. Ketch

There is a 22 ton fero cement mono hull near where I am building. She's considered a wreck by the owner and they're going to drag her out a…

Started by Tom

3 Jan 2, 2010
Reply by Tom

navtec backing plates for t-rings

interested if anyone has a great prosedure for instaling backing plates? or how to

Started by thomas w deane

0 Dec 29, 2009

Cambered and modified Junk rig. How to marry a Junk rig with a Dyna rig.

Hi friends. I am very interested on developing alternatives to existing JUNK RIG DESIGNS based on a compromise reuniting the following pre…

Started by toni ruiz

2 Dec 1, 2009
Reply by toni ruiz

wingsail cover plan for tiki 26?

I have a headsail bag coming, but right now I am simply using a tarp to wrap over the wingsail. . .I'm in the planning stages for a custom…

Started by kim whitmyre

0 Nov 24, 2009

RSS

© 2017   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service