Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Sails and Rigs (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tiki 26 Changing Secifications Aluminum Mast

Could I get away with using a standard (oval) aluminium  mast section with internal track for the wing sail which has been recommended by R…

Started by patrick lennon

6 Apr 19, 2015
Reply by patrick lennon

Hitia 17 Sprit Rig vs Wing Sail?

Hi All,  Just wondering if there is anyone out there with a Hitia 17 who could give me some information on the type of sail rig they use. I…

Started by Josh

15 Feb 9, 2015
Reply by Dan Hammond

Cruising Chute limits

On a recent trip we have the wind behind. I put up the cruising chute for a while. It was quite windy, around 8 to 10 knots. I start to won…

Started by Ian Bamsey

9 Jan 14, 2015
Reply by Rod Jones

Standing Rigging Lashings

I have recently noticed lashing blocks on a few of the larger Wharram Tiki, Pahi, and Islander designs that look something like this: Can…

Started by Budget Boater

2 Jan 4, 2015
Reply by Budget Boater

Stub mast position for crab claw rig on Hitia 17 or Tiki 21

What is the best position of the stub mast when using a crab claw rig on Hitai 17 or Tiki 21. Are there any guidelines ? Is it matter of we…

Started by Hendrik Agterkamp

5 Jan 4, 2015
Reply by Scott Veirs

Tiki rig mainsheet arrangement query

Hi All, having just broughty my Tanenui/Tiki Hybrid from Faversham, Kent to the River Exe, Devon I am keen to return her tiki rig to soft w…

Started by Richard Gordon David

9 Nov 28, 2014
Reply by Matthias von Mutius

Tiki 21 Tiller Length

The tillers on my Tiki 21 come forward to a point a few inches over and above the main hatches. They sit raised up a few inches, but to ope…

Started by Ian Bamsey

5 Jun 9, 2014
Reply by Ian Bamsey

Reefing Ties

I'm about to rig my Tiki 21. The sail has reefing grommets, but they are empty.  Can anyone tell my the right type of cord to fit here, an…

Started by Ian Bamsey

2 Apr 8, 2014
Reply by Ian Bamsey

Narai With Modern Lug (Junk) Rig

A list of the rigs I have owned: • Sloop • Ketch • Cutter • Hasler-McLeod Lug (junk) schooner • Tiki wing sail sloop Without hesitation, t…

Started by Budget Boater

21 Apr 1, 2014
Reply by Budget Boater

Compass position on Tiki 21

Where is the best place to mount a compass on a Tiki 21?  I need to plan for this, so what type of compass would you choose, where to mount…

Started by Ian Bamsey

7 Feb 10, 2014
Reply by kim whitmyre

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service