Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Sails and Rigs (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Using dyneema for rigging - warning

We had a go with a dyneema bridle for our Tiki 30 at the suggestion of the rigger as it is hard to make up hard eyes on 6mm wire. The dynee…

Started by Robert Sheridan

68 Aug 10, 2022
Reply by Ian R

tiki 26 mastfoot

Hi - am planning revising my mastfoot system which just doesnt look right - any suggestions for what should go on bottom of mast and whatt…

Started by Johnny Martin

14 Jul 31, 2022
Reply by ed osborne

staysail

Feel the need of bigger sail, than original staysail. Idea to add a genoa with 24m2 and option of a gennaker with 56m2. To add this need to…

Started by Michael

0 May 17, 2022

Double forestay: cutter, solent or side by side?

I sail with my dad on his Tiki 31 with the Wharram wingsail schooner rig (headsail, mainsail, mizzen). When I was a kid, he had a small cat…

Started by Panu Väänänen

4 May 6, 2022
Reply by Finn

Boom on a Tiki 31 wingsail

In Tiki 31 there are booms on the mainsail and the mizzen sail (Wharram wingsail). Have you folks had problems with headsail sheets getting…

Started by Panu Väänänen

9 Feb 28, 2022
Reply by Ian R

tiki 26 performance with dagger board VS without dagger board

We are in the early stages of building a Tiki 26.  I am wondering if anyone has experience with a Tiki 26 with a dagger board and has notic…

Started by Anna Berry

10 Dec 11, 2021
Reply by Robert Hughes

A mad romp tacking & shunting cat..... half cat half proa.

DISCLAIMER..........   This is pure flight of fancy.   I don't usually share these wild flights of fancy.... amazingly I don't use dru…

Started by Dean Wilkerson

2 Apr 1, 2021
Reply by Dean Wilkerson

On the usefullness of the mizzen staysail on Tiki31

The sail plan of Tiki 31 suggests there is a mizzen staysail (13 sqm2) for off the wind use. For the windward use a mizzen staysail of the…

Started by Olli Väänänen

2 Feb 22, 2021
Reply by Andrés

tabernacle questioning

I'm realizing that the tabernacle design for my tiki 30 is going to have major shortcomings. I've built the pod version and it prevents the…

Started by john james

16 Dec 26, 2020
Reply by NeilR

When to change Dyneema/Spectra stays?

Hi all. How do I decide when to replace, Dyneema stays? The boat is 12years old with (I have to assume) the original rigging. I can't find…

Started by Norm van't Hoff

1 Sep 9, 2020
Reply by Alex parrish

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service