Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Sails and Rigs (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Junk Rig Association

HelloIf you are interested in the junk rigs, the Junk Rig Association has made a big step in creating an active web site with public pages.…

Started by Bertrand FERCOT

0 Oct 3, 2010

Dynex standing rigging & attachment point

Greetings to all from down-under,I would really appreciate comments on the following.  I am thinking of using 7mm Dynex Dux rope for my cap…

Started by John& Kat Wilkie

8 Sep 23, 2010
Reply by John and Kat Wilkie

Wharram Wingsail

After numerous trips on Sandy, my Tiki 21, I am just not sold on the Wharram wingsail. Trying to reef singlehanded on a rough sea is quite…

Started by Rick Hueschen

24 Sep 17, 2010
Reply by Jeff Kittle

Rigging loads for T38

Hi all,I am about to commit to a Dynex Dux rig for my Tiki 38 but I want to be sure about sizing.Can anyone tell me the design loads for th…

Started by Jamie Rohan

25 Aug 25, 2010
Reply by Björn

forestay tension

How tight should I pull the tension on the forestay for my Tangaroa.  The side stays are on lanyards, the forestay on a bottlescrew.  My id…

Started by Tim Cox

3 Aug 24, 2010
Reply by kim whitmyre

Sailing Technique: Excellent Story!

Here's a wonderful tale of a sail that demonstrates sailing to weather  better than my comments on one of Jacque's threads:http://www.point

Started by kim whitmyre

2 Aug 8, 2010
Reply by Ralf

Crab Claw Tiki 30?

Hi All,   Has anyone out there experimented with or is currently sailing with a crab claw rig on a tiki 30?   If so, how did/do you find it…

Started by Joshua del Mar

0 Mar 22, 2010

Building a Gaff

I have built the gaff for my T30. Looking at the almost finished spar I am asking myself if I should give it some taper towards the end. Th…

Started by Ralf

12 Jan 8, 2010
Reply by Ron Hall

Schooner vs. Ketch

There is a 22 ton fero cement mono hull near where I am building. She's considered a wreck by the owner and they're going to drag her out a…

Started by Tom

3 Jan 2, 2010
Reply by Tom

navtec backing plates for t-rings

interested if anyone has a great prosedure for instaling backing plates? or how to

Started by thomas w deane

0 Dec 29, 2009

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service