Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Sails and Rigs (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Shrouds - How much tension?

Hi all, We bought our Tiki 21 a week ago and are learning to sail her. The shrouds seem very loose and the mast is moving around a lot when…

Started by Kristian Paulsson

7 Aug 5, 2012
Reply by Kristian Paulsson

comment dématter un Tiki 38'

Bonjour à tous, voilà tout est dans le titre je sors mon Tiki pour le mettre à terre, chantier possédant un travel lift, cependant je crois…

Started by Shundo

9 Apr 23, 2012
Reply by Jacques

Mast whip/vibration

Hello all. I tried this in the Tiki 21 group but didn't get any traction, so I'll try again here. I get a bit of mast whip (alu mast) when…

Started by Roger

11 Mar 31, 2012
Reply by Roger

Building of two bi-conical wood free-masts made with 12 staves

I have just posted a new PDF article on the request of a few guys on how I built the masts of PHA which is rigged with 2 unstayed masts. Th…

Started by Bertrand FERCOT

0 Mar 20, 2012

Masthead rigging

Hi  I am currently renovating the masts on my tiki 38. The halyards blocks were held in place at the masthead by short lengths of 6mm rope…

Started by David Broun

3 Mar 9, 2012
Reply by Rory McDougall

Sailrite kits (sails) for T30 and T26 ?

Sailrite, who produces sewing machines and sells just about everything to do with sailcloth and fabrics also produces lots of different kit…

Started by Klaus Pedersen

1 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by Scott Williams

Building free masts in two steps

I have resumed in a pdf article how I made the free wood masts for our Tiki46 "Grand PHA" in two steps in order to adjust it in the hull in…

Started by Bertrand FERCOT

4 Jan 18, 2012
Reply by Paul Calvert

Roller furling - dismantle in situ?

I have a problem with my roller furling and wish to dismantle it to find out what the problem is (or perhaps ditch it altogether). The prob…

Started by John Galilee

2 Nov 28, 2011
Reply by Rogerio Martin

Norslay rigging

Hi, has anyone had any experience with Norslay rigging? My tiki 38 came with this fitted. Norslay is a plastic impregnated galv wire rope.…

Started by David Broun

5 Nov 12, 2011
Reply by Ann and Neville Clement

shroud rope

last summer, while I was setting the mast I've notice different strain between the mast's shroud. How tight should they be?  

Started by adriano meis

4 Nov 7, 2011
Reply by Ron Hall

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service