Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Sails and Rigs (176)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Rolly Tasker? Yes, I'm pissed!

There is a cautionary tale in here somewhere.  So, the wife and I have been busting our asses to get our Hitia 17 in shape to sail at the H…

Started by Omar M. Rashash

28 Jul 6, 2013
Reply by Ann and Neville Clement

Tangaroa mast

Have an opportunity to purchase 35ft aluminum mast for a Tangaroa I'm going to refit. It is cheap so very tempting. Did a search here at WB…

Started by Herb Moore

4 Jul 1, 2013
Reply by Herb Moore

Tiki 26 forestay specifications

Hi everyone, I am the proud new owner of an old Tiki 26 which needs a new fore-stay for the mast.  (The mast is down, having fallen overwin…

Started by Chris Green

2 May 1, 2013
Reply by Chris Green

Tiki 38 rigging question

Just in the process of swaging all the standing rigging,  and noticed that on the sheet giving the lengths there appears to be an error.  (…

Started by Alf Bangert

12 Mar 18, 2013
Reply by Alf Bangert

Tiki 38 external jib halyard

I'm wondering if any other Tiki 38 builders have chosen the external jib halyard option rather than roller reefing.  What I would like to k…

Started by Alf Bangert

9 Feb 12, 2013
Reply by Alf Bangert

Light wind sails for Tiki 38

Hi, I am hoping to add a sail to the wardrobe for my tiki 38 to help in light wind conditions.   At present, with a standard setup and an o…

Started by David Broun

14 Jan 15, 2013
Reply by alex

combo

I am currently building a catamaran of my own design, I was of coarse inspired by Mr wharram, mr ,derking and clc canoes Hull # 1is coming…

Started by Anthony Curtis Collison

8 Oct 8, 2012
Reply by Anthony Curtis Collison

Mast Height for Tangaroa MK1 formerly Taraipo, now Monali.

Hi All, I am now the owner of a Tangaroa Mk1 formerly known as Taraipo and now renamed Monali.  Taraipo was dismasted in 2002 and has been…

Started by Wanjoo Kim

8 Oct 1, 2012
Reply by dennis schneider

I'm a Mast Climbers member now. . .

Went out Tuesday on Vaea with friends. . .I raised the main and proceeded to the jib: while hauling, I hear a "zing," and realize the snaps…

Started by kim whitmyre

12 Sep 20, 2012
Reply by Dave Vinnicombe

Alteration of Etchels jib for tiki-21 mainsail

Hey all, Im playing around with some ideas for getting around having to buy a new mainsail for my tiki-21. The idea of altering a second ha…

Started by Guy Forrester

4 Aug 29, 2012
Reply by Guy Forrester

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service