Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Epoxy and Glues (22)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Boat finish.. Fibreglassing?

Hello! I am building a Melanesia. This week I am doing the stitch and glue so the hull will be ready soon. I am now thinking of the finishi…

Started by Christian Linder

3 Sep 8, 2016
Reply by Christian Linder

Major Epoxy Brands compared to Cheaper Alternatives

I am in the heart of pricing materials for my Tiki 30 #200 and although I have worked extensively with West Systems and know that many othe…

Started by Jordan Balbresky

19 Aug 25, 2016
Reply by dennis schneider

Approx How many gallons Epoxy for Tiki 38?

I'm sheathing the hulls & all exterior wood and coating the interior with epoxy (varnish top coats) on the Narai and figure I'll be in…

Started by Allen Bosely

4 Nov 15, 2015
Reply by Budget Boater

Glueing the parts

Hello! I am a total newbie to boatbuilding and I am constructing a Melanesia. I have my panels cut out from the plywood sheets and I am abo…

Started by Christian Linder

9 Aug 28, 2015
Reply by paul anderson

Why nails with epoxy?

On the plans, lot of nails are used to hold pieces with epoxy. Epoxy and clamps or under pression with some weight is not good enough?

Started by Éric Bouvéron

40 Jul 13, 2015
Reply by Rogerio Martin

Sanding before fillet

Hello again, I understand that it is necessary the epoxy coat to sand before making the filets in order to get a good bond. How much the co…

Started by Éric Bouvéron

2 May 8, 2015
Reply by Éric Bouvéron

The effects of UV, the hammering heat and humidity on Epoxy and Wood joints.

Back in the UK the greatest threat to a varnish finish was moisture ingression, lifting your finish and the green house effect which promot…

Started by Geminidawn

9 Apr 20, 2015
Reply by patrick lennon

How much epoxy resin?

I am looking at the Tiki 30 and ordered the study plans, but I am unsure from the materials list just how much epoxy is required.  Does any…

Started by John Abbott

16 Jun 7, 2014
Reply by Tam Dl

home testing of your materials

When Nev and I bought ply for building our boat, we looked carefully at the laminations on the ply sample they gave us and then home tested…

Started by Ann and Neville Clement

18 Mar 25, 2014
Reply by Robert Hughes

Epoxy versus Resorcinol

I was wondering if the people with older boats constructed with epoxy have had any problems with delamination. Larry Pardey seems to be wor…

Started by James Attianese

7 Feb 1, 2012
Reply by Manos Amanakis

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service