Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Engines and Drive systems (44)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Engine position for Tiki 26

I would like to ask what are the advantages and disadvantages of and outboard mounted off the the aft beam vs one located at the back of th…

Started by patrick lennon

18 Oct 4, 2015
Reply by patrick lennon

InBoard diesel Engines

Hi Folks.  I'm looking for more informations on inboard engines instalations, handling...pro and cons... anything related will be very apre…

Started by Capt. Lucky

5 May 3, 2015
Reply by Charlie

New diesel outboard website

i just found this site on line. I don't know anything about them but I know lightweight diesel outboards are a holy grail for wharram owner…

Started by allan poulter

4 Mar 13, 2015
Reply by Mike Smith

25hp on tiki 30?

Is at 25hp too big on a tiki 30?  I am considering powering my tiki 30 with a 25 so that i can also use it on my rib.  I was just wondering…

Started by James Ryan davenport

5 Jan 1, 2015
Reply by Rogerio Martin

Outboardengines on small Wharrams (Hitia 17)

For those who want to mount an engine on a small Wharram here my solution: it was created even under way somewhere in Greece. I fixed a fit…

Started by Meinhard Koch

5 Dec 8, 2014
Reply by Meinhard Koch

Tiki 46 Speed under Power?

If you have a Tiki 46, what is your maximum sustained speed under power, and what form of propulsion type/model/HP of engine(s) do you have…

Started by Rusty Gesner

2 Feb 9, 2014
Reply by wakataitea

Outboard Sled Question

On my Pahi 31, in my complete cockpit remodel, I've moved my Yamah8 outboard location from the aft beam to more amidships and mounted it on…

Started by Frank Olsen

10 Oct 29, 2013
Reply by Galway Bay

Yamaha 9.9HT vs 15 image

Thought I would share a picture of a Yamaha 15 vs the 9.9 High Thrust showing size of prop. There is always lots of talk about engines on a…

Started by Dan Hardwicke

4 Oct 21, 2013
Reply by Dan Hardwicke

RE POWERING THE BOAT

Hi Folks!!!! after a short research on this website I don't found the answers I am looking for... I have 2 x 9,9 HP Yamaha's in our Tiki…

Started by alex

29 Jul 12, 2013
Reply by alex

I am not rich enough to buy cheap things

For second time I come up with that quote....and  I love it.But I always fear to buy pricey bad stuff since everything now seems to come fr…

Started by alex

12 Jun 21, 2013
Reply by alex

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service