Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Building Techniques and Solutions (325)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Contact info at JWD

I've recently started building.  I've tried using the JWD website to submit questions about the construction.  After two weeks, I've heard…

Started by Russell and Janet Puryear

1 Jul 8, 2010
Reply by Ann and Neville Clement

pod/cockpit in Tiki 38

i'm thinking in modifying the pod area in kaimiloa.in fact, i will use that area more a a traditional cockpit than as a sheltered (?) origi…

Started by luis

4 Jun 30, 2010
Reply by Jamie Rohan

filled bilge in Tiki 38

hi,as shown in the atached pic, kaimiloa has part (not all her length) of her bilges (basically in the main cabins) filled and i cannot hav…

Started by luis

5 Jun 6, 2010
Reply by Budget Boater

Putting fittings through balsa and foam sandwich

We are about to put some new deck fittings on the boat and need to reinforce the existing decks where they will go.  The hull decks are foa…

Started by Robert Sheridan

1 Jan 30, 2010
Reply by boatsmith

Gripfast Nails

I can not seem to find gripfast nails in the USA is there a source here or do we have to order from overseas? Conversely can they be replac…

Started by Don Hayes

6 Jan 14, 2010
Reply by Bob Bois

slats fore deck

hi, can anyone explain me or inform where can I see photos or drawings of how slats of the fore deck are tied to hull / beams in a Tiki 38…

Started by luis

6 Sep 30, 2009
Reply by luis

what to use for insulation

I will be traveling in the colder parts of the world part of the time Canada and Alaska what works for insulation? Look forward to any help…

Started by Don Hayes

3 Sep 30, 2009

PIN HOLES IN TIKI 38 FORE BEAM

Hi, I've just bought T38 Kaimiloa, we are preparing her to sail from Portugal to Uruguay and would like to know if anybody else than Bertra…

Started by luis

1 Sep 29, 2009
Reply by Axel

where do they rot?

Hi The truth is that all boats rot. Alloy boats corrode. Steel boats rust. Plastic boats get ossmosis. And wood boats rot. I have had one…

Started by Ann and Neville Clement

7 Sep 1, 2009

Wharrams and Dolphins

I am continually amazed at how much Dolphins seem to like Wharrams. I have had a number of close encounters on my Tiki 21 and my Tiki 31. T…

Started by Paul Lawton

1 Mar 29, 2009
Reply by Tom

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service