Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Building Techniques and Solutions (325)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

techniglue

hello all,has anyone used techniglue and if so what are the pros and cons of the stuff. cheers paul.

Started by paul anderson

2 Nov 26, 2010
Reply by paul anderson

Beam Trough Advice

I am building the beam troughs on my Tiki 38 and the plan book advises that you "glass all ply surfaces before assembly". Is that all I nee…

Started by Adrian Hall

4 Nov 19, 2010
Reply by Jeff Kittle

installing acrylic glas windows

Ahoi to the forum, I have found this website recently and at first put some pics of my Narai MK IV. I have bought her as a nearly finished…

Started by Frank's MAUNA KEA

12 Nov 16, 2010
Reply by Ann and Neville Clement

Solid timber Stems and Sternposts Tiki 26.

I am considering using solid timber (rosewood) laminated to construct the stem & stern posts for my tiki 26. Yes I know more time consu…

Started by Lee Dilkes

10 Oct 22, 2010
Reply by Lee Dilkes

Composite Beams

If any one was interested in an alternative material approach to wood beams -- I would happy discussing the idea. After having sever rot pr…

Started by Thom delForge

9 Oct 4, 2010
Reply by Lee Dilkes

Comparable timber strengths

I am moving along in the construction of my tiki 30. Getting ready to put the decks on hull #1. when purchasing my lumber I left out the ha…

Started by Jordan Balbresky

5 Oct 2, 2010
Reply by Jeff Kittle

Pahi beam attachment

I've built new I-beam style crossbeams for my Pahi31 which were drawn up by JWD.  My old beams are bolted in the center of the trough and l…

Started by Frank Olsen

7 Sep 27, 2010

Mast Shrouds

I am thinking of attaching the mast shrouds on my Pahi 42 to the crossbeams instead of the hulls.  To my logic the beams move much less tha…

Started by John& Kat Wilkie

2 Sep 19, 2010

Tiki 38 deck help

Q: How do you get 121 mm out of 70 mm?A: You don't!! Yet, I am now led to believe that it is possible since it is on the plans. This is r…

Started by Budget Boater

1 Aug 21, 2010
Reply by Kanaloa

Removing deck beam troughs

Has anyone removed the deck beams troughs on a classic design and simply mounted them on decks?? It looks like it would make for more space…

Started by Mark Hamill

7 Aug 12, 2010
Reply by Greg F

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service