Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Building Techniques and Solutions (246)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pacific Proa WHY NOT? shunting and rudderless steering...

Here he is, sailing flawlessly, WHY NOT? it's all about balance......   All d best, Balkan Shipyards. https://youtu.be/AkwW9C7oS6w

Started by rael dobkins

0 Sep 3, 2016

Pacific Proa Crystal Clear SAILING!!!!

Here she is, the first proa on the black sea (as far as I know) launched and sailing, she will go down wind like a "puppy" up wind too. v…

Started by rael dobkins

11 Aug 17, 2016
Reply by Jeremy Walker

FRP cross beams

Has anyone used FRP cross beams instead of fabricating their own. I have a good supplier of 6"x6"x20' pultruded beams. Seems like it save a…

Started by James Ryan davenport

4 Aug 15, 2016
Reply by Jeremy Walker

Tiki 21 Lashings

When putting together my Tiki 21, I found the lashings time consuming and hard work. During the season some have also slackened slightly le…

Started by Ian Bamsey

8 Aug 9, 2016
Reply by friendshipsloop .

Some luxury - new seat pads

After my last 4 day trip on my Tiki 21, I had, had enough of the hard ply bench seats. I searched around for some good quality closed cell…

Started by Ian Bamsey

2 Aug 9, 2016
Reply by Ian Bamsey

CHART TABLE - TIKI 26

I had a packet of mixed veneers bought in Tasmania and finally found a use on an improved fold away chart table.  Several YouTube veneering…

Started by Jerry S

1 Aug 9, 2016
Reply by Robert Hughes

UMBRELLA FITTINGS

I used a golf umbrella for some time to provide some shelter to the inner hull when not sailing and to reduce condensation at night.  After…

Started by Jerry S

1 Aug 8, 2016
Reply by paul anderson

Rigidity/strength of Tiki 21 deck?

Hi, I just bought a four-year-old Tiki 21 and am concerned about the strength of the three sections that make up the deck. I am a 200lb guy…

Started by Bo

11 Aug 5, 2016
Reply by Ian Bamsey

proa "CC" rig conclusions.

Hi all, well It's final.... Crystal Clear is leaving her element soon and is coming back to the Balkans.... She is a very sweet boat, tha…

Started by rael dobkins

0 Aug 2, 2016

Painting. Before or after?

Bonjour, Once the hull has been glassed with fabric, beam sockets, lacing battens and some other thing have to be put on the boat. Do you p…

Started by Éric Bouvéron

10 Aug 1, 2016
Reply by Éric Bouvéron

RSS

© 2017   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service