Building Techniques and Solutions (327)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Don't Need No Stinking Epoxy

http://vimeo.com/38971749

Started by boatsmith

3 Apr 21, 2012
Reply by laurent

springy deck

hello everybody. opening season and new works.  TIKI 26. jumping on the deck in the stern part, I've noticed the plywood "soft": something…

Started by adriano meis

4 Apr 2, 2012
Reply by paul anderson

Story begins...

Hi all builders... I'm restoring wharram Tane, build 1980 here in Finland, I thing it's Tane, you can look at? I mail to wharram to ask bea…

Started by Sami Rumpunen

3 Jan 4, 2012
Reply by Sami Rumpunen

trampoline with central slatted deck

hello everybody, i have been thinking about a compromise between a full slatted deck for my tiki 26 and a trampoline,i love the idea of a t…

Started by paul anderson

24 Dec 14, 2011
Reply by paul anderson

Ouch - stem handle damage

OK - the outboard motor is at the shop, but a nice breeze has come up and I want to go sailing. The solution, try and tack out of the marin…

Started by Roger

5 Nov 5, 2011
Reply by Marty Peters

Slatted timber foredeck t26

G'day folks I am interested in doing what Scott Williams is building instead of a trampoline between the mast beam and fore beam ie a timbe…

Started by paul anderson

9 Oct 30, 2011
Reply by Lawrence de Robillard

cold molded hulls

Hi everyone, I have been thinking about starting my tiki for the past year now, but I'm not quite to the point where I have a suitable buil…

Started by Jonathan Chouinard

26 Oct 14, 2011
Reply by Tom

Mast disaster

I have been building my mast out of Australian hoop pine and was near  the end of shaping it when to my horror i found that many of the bon…

Started by paul anderson

6 Sep 22, 2011
Reply by Geminidawn

hatch cover grumbles

my crew consists of a couple of 'at risk youths' as opposed to their skipper, an at risk old fart. We are repairing and upgrading a couple…

Started by clif high

5 Aug 30, 2011
Reply by Ann and Neville Clement

Okay to coat before butting panels?

Hi, everyone.  Quick question: it would be slightly easier for me to coat the interior surfaces of all panels, then glue the butt joints. I…

Started by Rich Young

3 Aug 27, 2011
Reply by Martin

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service